Quantcast

bender + canfield = broken?

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
i read somewhere that the canfield bender got really recently is already broken... anyone confirm/post pictures of this?

sorry if i didn't search first... but i can't be arsed at the moment kuz i need to poop.

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
no way. he hasn't done it yet... he was still talking about how he was planning to do it with a super monster at interbike and the marzocchi guy was like "i don't think thats a good idea..."

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
revmonkey said:
...the marzocchi guy was like "i don't think thats a good idea..."
Frankly, I wouldn't want my product associated with failure... i.e. bender's failure to land this drop. I guess if he landed it, that would be great expose, but honestly I think the odds are against it.

I can't seem to get my head around the mentality that thinks... ok, I'm barely landing the 40 foot drops... I failed at 50... let me try a 100ft drop.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Christ almighty. It takes more time to make a thread and post in it than it does to do a search.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
dump said:
Frankly, I wouldn't want my product associated with failure... i.e. bender's failure to land this drop. I guess if he landed it, that would be great expose, but honestly I think the odds are against it.

I can't seem to get my head around the mentality that thinks... ok, I'm barely landing the 40 foot drops... I failed at 50... let me try a 100ft drop.
Maybe it could be good, imagine this: "if this canfield survived to bender's dementia, it will survive to your dementia" of course, if the bike DO survive...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
just because this is an internet forum use regulare english and make it make since plz.

i mean more power to the man for trying a 100 footer but geese this one could actually kill him. i say if your not landing 50 footers with the right trany then why try a 100 footer its kinda obvious that its not going to work out. although its his life and his bike who am i to tell him what to do. :thumb:

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
frznnomad said:
just because this is an internet forum use regulare english and make it make since plz.

i mean more power to the man for trying a 100 footer but geese this one could actually kill him. i say if your not landing 50 footers with the right trany then why try a 100 footer its kinda obvious that its not going to work out. although its his life and his bike who am i to tell him what to do. :thumb:
Are you serious dude?

Wrong answer. Please try again.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
frznnomad said:

LOL....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
frznnomad said:

i mean more power to the man for trying a 100 footer but geese this one could actually kill him.
oh the irony.

Do large Canadian birds normally kill?

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Not that my grammar/spelling is bad or anything, but why the hell is everyone so touchy about this?? Are you all English majors or something? I don't mean to get everyone flaming each other, but I'm just curious why people on this board seem so anal about it. The thread starting out about Bender breaking a bike and somebody asking for a link and somehow evolved into a spelling bee over something like 3 posts...I don't get it, but maybe I'm not supposed to.

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I forward most of my posts to my gmail account so I can spell check it. At least its good incentive to improve your spelling. I think on the last few posts they were just trying to make a point. I asked a question once, and I spelled one of the words wrong, boy did I hear about that for a bit. :) It's just to bad I didn't hear the answer to my question.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
bomberboy11 said:
Not that my grammar/spelling is bad or anything, but why the hell is everyone so touchy about this?? Are you all English majors or something? I don't mean to get everyone flaming each other, but I'm just curious why people on this board seem so anal about it. The thread starting out about Bender breaking a bike and somebody asking for a link and somehow evolved into a spelling bee over something like 3 posts...I don't get it, but maybe I'm not supposed to.
this is ridemonkey. and your suprised a thread got that derailed in three posts?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
bomberboy11 said:
This is like, the second to last forum on the whole innanet where most of the regular posters can still type a reasonable standard of conversational English, even the Republicans.

Conversing using your primary language in its correct fashion should not be the preserve of 'English Majors' should it?

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
lovebunny said:
this is ridemonkey. and your suprised a thread got that derailed in three posts?
Good point, although I'm not really surprised as much as I'm just kind of annoyed having to read through more posts of grammar smack talk than the good stuff - Bender smack talk.

Changleen said:
This is like, the second to last forum on the whole innanet where most of the regular posters can still type a reasonable standard of conversational English, even the Republicans.

Conversing using your primary language in its correct fashion should not be the preserve of 'English Majors' should it?
No, but thread hijacking for sophomoric spelling "humor" should be left to the English majors. Pointing it out is one thing, but making everybody else read through pages of pure crap about grammar I could do without.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I dunno about humour, I just like to read a post without having to pause to figure out some idiot's BS. Seriously, It's like 'I can't use a keyboard!' The most common communication device of the times - used all day, everyday, and people can't even do it properly. Lame. It's like, "I've figured out this steering wheel thing, but I don't understand these stalky things or these foot-buttons here..."

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bomberboy11 said:
No, but thread hijacking for sophomoric spelling "humor" should be left to the English majors. Pointing it out is one thing, but making everybody else read through pages of pure crap about grammar I could do without.
Threads generally only get hiijacked by the spelling/grammar nazis (of which I am one, I admit) when the offence is particularly bad. There are a few posters in here who I have set on ignore because their posts are, quite literally, almost impossible to read without re-reading them several times (Peteydag and tacobelldher are two of them).

In this case, I think it was just a reaction to the guy requesting that people use good English and have their posts make sense, then proceeding to demonstrate that he is incapable of doing either.

I don't really make any excuses, though. When someone is simply too lazy to type a proper sentence or even read what they typed before hitting the "Submit" button, I think it's stupid. I don't give people a hard time for mixing up their "it's" and "its" or anything, but when someone simply can't properly communicate, it's time to take a few minutes and be a little more careful with what you type. Good communication is an important skill in life. It's dumb to not practice it everywhere.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
revmonkey said:
i read somewhere that the canfield bender got really recently is already broken... anyone confirm/post pictures of this?

sorry if i didn't search first... but i can't be arsed at the moment kuz i need to poop.
Why is this thread in the DH forum? :rolleyes:

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
bomberboy11 said:
i think because of my post, i'm not a native english speaker... but it seems like frznnomad is a ****ty english writer too

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Salami said:
Why is this thread in the DH forum? :rolleyes:
Better question - Why is this thread still around?

The topics of Bender’s Canfield and Bender doing a 100 foot drop have already been beat to death.

Hell - the topic of those threads being beat to death has been posted and beat to death...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i think bendor can dew it. i mean wade simmins did it last year @ the bike baddle in baltimore. pepole bash bendor butt he is accually a good ryder. :think:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
We need to utilize proper grammer because it brings more credibility to the forum and to each post. If you want to write with poor grammer, go right ahead, but no one will take you seriously. If you can't even write a sentence, then how can you have any profound insight into a subject?

I'm pretty baked right now, so sorry if this makes no sense. Bender's the greatest kook of all time. Everyone will admit that he's a kook, but he's awesome, cuz he's not full of BS, he usually tries ****. Therefore, he's the greatest kook ever, end of discussion. He is who he is, love him or hate him, he's here. What's the three things you don't talk about with friends? Religion, politics and Bender.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
BMXman said:
I've found that if you going to call someone out on spelling, get ready for the beat down :D
"Someone" is a single word, too, Donnie.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
la_cleta said:
i think because of my post, i'm not a native english speaker... but it seems like frznnomad is a ****ty english writer too
Its actually really easy to tell a non-native english speaker from a stupid english speaker who just doesn't care.