Quantcast

Bender RAMPAGE

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Ok everyone quit the Keyboard Courage and calm down. Bender is who he is, accept it. There is no reason to get in a fight on the internet about it.

I honestly feel that Bender is a skilled rider that doesn't always know when to say "when"
I think this jump was doomed from the start because he was working on his bike most of the way down the mountain. I feel that he would have been better off hitting this gap on his second run after he worked out the kinks on the bike.

Bender is who he is, he may crash a lot but he also trains a lot. Believe it or not he also lands a lot. His body is strong enough to take the stresses of this jump and I think you should look at that as a pretty amazing thing in and of itself!

Oh, I heard rumor that he wanted to back flip that jump too... Though that was..I think...just a rumor

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
I recently went to the North Shore to ride. Well I went in August. I happened to stop in Washington just north of a town called Arlington. We went to a shop that had a picture of Josh Bender autographed. I asked about it and they said him and Wade Simmons had ridden a trail near there and that when they came by they had both signed some stuff for the locals. Well anyway, I went with one of the guys from the shop to a trail that they had ridden with Wade and Josh. I actually saw pictures of them on the trail. I can and will not say that Josh Bender is the best rider in the world. I also will not claim he is the worst. This trail starts out with a huge drop into a chute which sets you up for a jump that gaps a creek and creek bed probaly about 15 feet of drop then 20 to 30 feet of gap. This all happens with in less than 50 yards. The wrest of the trail is rock faces and switch backs. Some of the most technical stuff I have ever ridden. That includes Grouse mountain, and Whistler. I aint sayin' the guy is great but he is probaly better than most of us.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm not afraid to say it...he sucks. Honestly, how many does he land in comparison to how many he biff's? He's not a rider with skills. He a test dummy for all the other guys that do have skill. Having balls means having the commitment to push the limits and succeed. He IS NOT succeeding. He fails more often than not. I could understand if he wore a red hat and called himself Super Dave....but this guy is supposed to represent progression. I don't think so. He hasn't progressed or pushed anybody since he ate it at Deer Valley. He hasn't qualified for an event he is a founder of???? There is a guy on a hardtail that lands most of the crap Bender can't stick.

Has he ever even took a hand off the bar or a foot in the slightest attempt at style? Anybody ever seen footage of him having "flow" or linking tricks? He pulls a dead sailor on every jump and it's luck when he lands it. Just LUCK!

So please don't try to convince me, BCD, or anybody else who "doesn't have the skill or balls" that he's any good except for photo op's and gag reels. The guy is just senseless. Like the one post pointed out. 3 other guys tagged that gap with ease...even threw down flare and tricks off it. This guy looped out like it had an engine.

If anything, the sequence itself shows how bad of a rider he is in the first 3 frames! Sorry, but you can't convince us that he is a good rider or ballsy. He's just dumb and relentless.

How many dozen riders have stuck virtually every single line on their first try that he's had to "work up to"?

I can't tell you how many times I see people crash off of stuff they've never hit, it's apart of learning and progressing. Your weak dude, the guy isn't even here to defend himself and yet you just talk trash about how bad he is... Do we see you in any of the vids? Are you riding with Wade, at the rampage, or at any of the events?

Take your trash talking @ss back to 8 mile as no one want to hear you be an internet tough guy.

stRYder

Chimp
Feb 29, 2004
kelowna, BC, Cananadia
KleinMp99 said:
Too fvcking funny!!!!!!! Off goes the super monster, and his riding goes completely the other direction. What was he trying to hit anyway...was it a kicker at the top of there? What a jerk....
I cant wait to show the guys at the shop this tomorrow.

I am not trying to start a war, but I actually hung out and rode with Bender this summer, He is not only a better rider than every single basher on every forum on the internet. He is also the nicest guy i have met thru mt. biking, so next time u wanna bash him remember. He is in Utah ripping and u are in michigan talking about freeriding! :nope:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
bizutch said:
Has he ever even took a hand off the bar or a foot in the slightest attempt at style? Anybody ever seen footage of him having "flow" or linking tricks? He pulls a dead sailor on every jump and it's luck when he lands it. Just LUCK!
Several years ago actually...in the down series. No footers and I think a no handed off of a big ass funky looking drop. NWD ruined bender, the down series shows him landing tonnes of huge **** with style. NWD put him on the podium as a freak show crasher. Go buy the series...its actually pretty decent :)

He has also been seen attempting backflips and riding real trail in whistler, btw, faster than most. He is no BMX convert but he still has style.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
No one is questioning his personality, well most of us aren't.

There is just hardly any photo's or video's of him ever landing anything.
It's gotten to a point where it is almost comical.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
bizutch said:
I'm not afraid to say it...he sucks. Honestly, how many does he land in comparison to how many he biff's? He's not a rider with skills. He a test dummy for all the other guys that do have skill. Having balls means having the commitment to push the limits and succeed. He IS NOT succeeding. He fails more often than not. I could understand if he wore a red hat and called himself Super Dave....but this guy is supposed to represent progression. I don't think so. He hasn't progressed or pushed anybody since he ate it at Deer Valley. He hasn't qualified for an event he is a founder of???? There is a guy on a hardtail that lands most of the crap Bender can't stick.

So please don't try to convince me, BCD, or anybody else who "doesn't have the skill or balls" that he's any good except for photo op's and gag reels. The guy is just senseless. Like the one post pointed out. 3 other guys tagged that gap with ease...even threw down flare and tricks off it. This guy looped out like it had an engine.

If anything, the sequence itself shows how bad of a rider he is in the first 3 frames! Sorry, but you can't convince us that he is a good rider or ballsy. He's just dumb and relentless.

How many dozen riders have stuck virtually every single line on their first try that he's had to "work up to"?
Yeah - you're right dude. There are at least 28 other people in the WORLD who have ridden the line he crashed on. That's alot - I'll bet you or I could do it.

Bender clearly needs to spend more time on his bike (don't we all?) - And it makes you wonder when you watch the difference between him and Simmons hitting the gap in Moreno Valley (particularly when Bender is sporting twice the travel at the time) - but I don't see where that is a good reason to talk smack about a guy who is, undeniably, a visionary - regardless of whether or not he possesses the skill of the other 2 dozen or so top riders in the world.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yup you are right he has never stuck a trick...Oh wait... I am sorry, he does no footers off cliffs that are bigger than anything I would even stand on the edge of. Oh and there is a poster in the shop him of him doing a backflip.

Anyhow, no more arguing. It is lame.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I'm no internet tough guy. I'll say it to his face bro. I'll say it with a smile and a handshake. I'd walk right up to him and say..."dude you are a frickin' crash test dummy with a deathwish. You should find a real hobby."

I'd laugh and he'd get annoyed...but ask anybody, I don't shy away from telling a person to their face my honest opinion. And I guarantee he could care less what I say or type....like I'm making up something new here.

I'm not hurting the guys rep here....he's already established his own rep.

And I never said crap about his personality.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Bender is cool. Id ride with him. He goes big. He crashes. Bizutch crashes. I crash. We all crash. Making fun of people rocks. Lets make fun. I like fun. Sometimes I go for walks for fun. Sometimes i do wheelies on my bike for fun. Sometimes I skip rocks on the lake for fun. Sometimes i pet my dog for fun. Lets make fun of bender.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
I'm no internet tough guy. I'll say it to his face bro. I'll say it with a smile and a handshake. I'd walk right up to him and say..."dude you are a frickin' crash test dummy with a deathwish. You should find a real hobby."
tell me when you do - I want to watch.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
bizutch said:
I'll say it to his face bro. I'll say it with a smile and a handshake. I'd walk right up to him and say..."dude you are a frickin' crash test dummy with a deathwish. You should find a real hobby."

I'd laugh and he'd get annoyed...but ask anybody, I don't shy away from telling a person to their face my honest opinion.
No internet tough guy - real life tough guy.

"I don't shy away from telling a person to their face my honest opinion."

What a pimp. :rolleyes:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Mattoid said:
Bender is cool. Id ride with him. He goes big. He crashes. Bizutch crashes. I crash. We all crash. Making fun of people rocks. Lets make fun. I like fun. Sometimes I go for walks for fun. Sometimes i do wheelies on my bike for fun. Sometimes I skip rocks on the lake for fun. Sometimes i pet my dog for fun. Lets make fun of bender.

it wouldbe fun is you put this in you sig.

Pics of Mattoid bicycling? -->

URL=http://community.webshots.com/album/190566769hBEFuf ]Pics of Mattoid bicycling? -->[/URL

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
bizutch said:
you're stalking me aren't you Lawnmower Man? :sneaky:
chainsaw man you mean...here is a pic of my new bike

EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to derail this fine thread.:rolleyes:..you man continue with the regular program..

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Bizutch said: "Having balls means having the commitment to push the limits and succeed. He IS NOT succeeding. He fails more often than not."

For years he has been doing things few other people on the planet will even consider. Other riders look at what Bender does and realize you CAN huck your meat off insane ****, land in a heap, and walk away ready to go for it again.

That is pushing the limits.

He also gets paid to ride his bike, travel all over the place, influence technological development, and inspire people doing what he loves. That's sounds like success to me.

How do you define success?

Jealous much? You sound like a broke musician getting all pouty because a no-talent hack got the record contract.

Give the guy a break. Or don't, he'll do it himself soon enough. :p

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stoneysnake said:
SEI rules
The diarrhea that spouts from Bizutch's mouth is a trademark of the Bizutch Corporation. Therefore all spewing buttmud should not be associated with nor linked to SEI Racing - which is merely a race team.
Opinions of the Bizutch Corp. are not representative of SEI or any of its affiliates. ;)
Just contributing to the silliness of this thread.
What's up Stone?

Sep 10, 2001
I just want to know... Is there anyone here that can truely say that they ride with Bender enough to say if he really does crash more often than not? And BTW, videos don't count.... It's pretty damn easy to edit out good landings and show him wadding it up because it makes for a video that people like to see....

I do happen to know a couple a very good riders (IMO) who have ridden with Bender and have had nothing but good things to say about him as a rider... As a person, I have never met a cooler guy. He always has a great attitude and does bad mouth anybody.

So, lay off the guy... He has his vision of what he wants to do. And when your background includes stupid huge drops on skis, it means you may see something even crazier in the future from him...

Brian

Dunshee80

Chimp
Aug 16, 2004
I've got nothing but admiration for the guy. Regardless of his skill level, he's a super cool dude, and gets paid to do something he loves. I'd love to be in his shoes, though nobody would want to buy videos of me doing curb drops :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
stoneysnake said:
SEI rules
We've actually started our own independent liberated underground society that feeds off the roots of Marijuanan plants and leftover beer cans.

It will be located under Stoney's back yard. :)

it's so easy to push you internet guys buttons anymore..... :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
s1ngletrack said:
Taking a bit of time to adjust to the new ride? Seems like he used to nose it in on everything on the old bike - this sequence was doomed from the start . It must be awesome to be so (?) that you don't worry about eating it on something like this.

It would be sick to see a sequence of someone cleaning this same line
try this link for a few good pics of Strait/Romaniuk styling the crap out of it!

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=2268

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Dunshee80 said:
I've got nothing but admiration for the guy. Regardless of his skill level, he's a super cool dude, and gets paid to do something he loves. I'd love to be in his shoes, though nobody would want to buy videos of me doing curb drops :)
I bet people would buy vids of you stacking off of curbs with as much flair and panache as the bendable one! Picture Josh's sequence but off of a curb, now that would be hawt!

FWIW: I love Bender, he goes for it!

and keeps going for it

and keeps going for it

and keeps going for it

and keeps going for it

He's like the damn energizer bunny of freeriding and you can't help but love that!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Brian Peterson said:
I just want to know... Is there anyone here that can truely say that they ride with Bender enough to say if he really does crash more often than not? And BTW, videos don't count.... It's pretty damn easy to edit out good landings and show him wadding it up because it makes for a video that people like to see....

I do happen to know a couple a very good riders (IMO) who have ridden with Bender and have had nothing but good things to say about him as a rider... As a person, I have never met a cooler guy. He always has a great attitude and does bad mouth anybody.

So, lay off the guy... He has his vision of what he wants to do. And when your background includes stupid huge drops on skis, it means you may see something even crazier in the future from him...

Brian
I agree with Brian. Over the summer he stayed at Silverton in southwestern Colorado and helped build trails over there and had clinics for people to help them get better at riding. From the people I've talked to who went to there over the summer they said that they could tell he wasnt just a hucker that he was incredibly good at normal dh trails and northshore stunts as well. I have lots of respect for the guy and think its too bad that filming companies have made it seem like he has no skills other than the hugeass drops that he does.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
mtnbkr4235 said:
I agree with Brian. Over the summer he stayed at Silverton in southwestern Colorado and helped build trails over there and had clinics for people to help them get better at riding. From the people I've talked to who went to there over the summer they said that they could tell he wasnt just a hucker that he was incredibly good at normal dh trails and northshore stunts as well. I have lots of respect for the guy and think its too bad that filming companies have made it seem like he has no skills other than the hugeass drops that he does.
I too agree with Brian, I don't think it is the filming companies fault though. I think that when he goes to shoot he goes big. So he comes up with a big plan and the company will shoot it and show it landed or not.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Motionboy2 said:
I too agree with Brian, I don't think it is the filming companies fault though. I think that when he goes to shoot he goes big. So he comes up with a big plan and the company will shoot it and show it landed or not.
Good point. I guess that in the way he rides he sticks it pretty good and it looks nice but when he crashes....he really crashes! lol. I think itd be awesome to go riding with him sometime. Maybe next summer if hes back at Silverton

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
mtnbkr4235 said:
Good point. I guess that in the way he rides he sticks it pretty good and it looks nice but when he crashes....he really crashes! lol. I think itd be awesome to go riding with him sometime. Maybe next summer if hes back at Silverton
I think he just gets amped up for HUGE stuff for films and events and maybe he goes overboard a bit.

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
You haters are too funny.

Chase him down Monkey or King Kong sometime and tell me he sucks then.

Bendy for Pres.