Quantcast

Benders Drop

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i dont want this to turn into another Bender Bash thread

but what i want to know is how big was benders drop. i have heard 41, 42 46, 52, and 56 feet witch one was it? have there been bigger drops done by other people? so what is the world record????

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
IronJim said:
i dont want this to turn into another Bender Bash thread

but what i want to know is how big was benders drop. i have heard 41, 42 46, 52, and 56 feet witch one was it? have there been bigger drops done by other people? so what is the world record????

I think his record is 42 Feet.

I dont think anyone has done anything bigger.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
I'm pretty sure Bender and Tyler Klassen are tied as far as the biggest drop goes. Not sure on that, though.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
GravityFreakTJ said:
LMAO. On a side note,how goes the bike search Biggins?
well, its either gonna be the asx or the bullit unless one of the people on here has a v10 they can let go of for cheap. i htink i'll be able to score a new frame on the money that i will have available. just hope i make the right decision im gonna be going from 3 bikes to 1.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Brian HCM#1 said:
Not as big a VV :blah:

thats just cause VV bunny hopped before he went off and when the pics were taken they were taken from below him so it automaticaly made it look bigger

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
biggins said:
well, its either gonna be the asx or the bullit unless one of the people on here has a v10 they can let go of for cheap. i htink i'll be able to score a new frame on the money that i will have available. just hope i make the right decision im gonna be going from 3 bikes to 1.

Of course I'm biased,but have you considered a gemini? mine is a full on dh build and it's still only 37lbs.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Benders was 54 ft, never landed. The jah drop.

I think around 45 ft, the big gap drop in nwd 4. Wade, bender and superT all landed it at some point.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
GravityFreakTJ said:
Of course I'm biased,but have you considered a gemini? mine is a full on dh build and it's still only 37lbs.
i am not so concerned about weight really, i just want beefcake. i seriously will not be able to build another bike for a long time. plus i have just never been a big fan of c'dale. I bet your bike is fast as hell though

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
biggins said:
i am not so concerned about weight really, i just want beefcake. i seriously will not be able to build another bike for a long time. plus i have just never been a big fan of c'dale. I bet your bike is fast as hell though
different strokes for different folks.i have been a huge c'dale fan for a long time.current stable now includes the gemini,a pimped out 1fg and hopefully soon a prophet :cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have dropped about 15 or 16 feet on a stair gap before. thats about as big as i have been

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I dont think it matters if he landed it or not, but that huge drop in Nanaimo or whatever town that was in BC was 50 feet plus. Bender tried it a few times and kept crashing.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
off the subject a little bit but bender is a pretty funny characater. I road with him and Lance C in Silverton this summer. This guy smokes more weed then anyone I know. I think every run we made we went down to his car to have a safety meeting. Cool down to earth guy, so was Lance. His F1 was 37lbs and was a single speed. benders bike was 57 lbs and he was only 5'6" tall.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Roasted said:
Benders was 54 ft, never landed. The jah drop.

I think around 45 ft, the big gap drop in nwd 4. Wade, bender and superT all landed it at some point.
And some 16year old kid at RaceFace UFC last year. It's a shot from far away but you can definitely see it's the same spot. HUGE

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
from what i know, it was about 50 feet...but he never landed it. 5 attempts in 2 years, first attempt landed him in the hospital. im sure he'll try again :sneaky:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Trond said:
And some 16year old kid at RaceFace UFC last year. It's a shot from far away but you can definitely see it's the same spot. HUGE
Forgot about him. All I know, its f-ing huge and very few people tried it let alone landed. From the stories is it pretty easy, the drop runs into the jump perfectly so you barely notice...I think I would still drop a load no matter how butta it was. (not that I can drop 10 ft lets alone 45)

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Ya see it all depends on how it is measured.Bender's Double Down cover(Welcome to Utah) drop is a straight wall.It is 42 feet. Tyler pulled the same drop in Union.
But if you do a step down that goes out and down the landing will be smoother-Steve Rominuk pulled that one in The Collective-Man that looks like over 50' to me! I think that's the biggest yet.
As for myself,i've pulled a 20'straight wall,and a 30'stepdown.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
That step down was SIC...I think it was measure by some kids on the shore, but never cared cause no matter what the size, it was amazing.