Quantcast

Bent my 20" fork, what to replace it with??

spokedwheel

Chimp
Mar 16, 2002
Oceanside, CA
I took a nice spill out on the trails today and bent my stock fork back about 1"...Looks like I'll have to wait on those new pegs/chain tensioner.

So I need some advice on fork for a 20" bmx bike. I want something strong with 14mm dropout slots and thick dropouts to take abuse from pegs. I was thinking about the kink fork or dk... any suggestions...I ride 50% street and 50% dirt.

Thanks again!!:D

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by spokedwheel
I took a nice spill out on the trails today and bent my stock fork back about 1"...Looks like I'll have to wait on those new pegs/chain tensioner.

So I need some advice on fork for a 20" bmx bike. I want something strong with 14mm dropout slots and thick dropouts to take abuse from pegs. I was thinking about the kink fork or dk... any suggestions...I ride 50% street and 50% dirt.

Thanks again!!:D
A straight one.:)

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Can you run pegs on the pitch fork? or do you need to use the ditch fork?
How well do the peg bosses hold up for grinding and such vs 14mm axles?

Everybody I know that has this fork has put pegs on with no problems. I have these in 14mm and run Kinks and feel confident that I won't break the setup. I'd say that many think that the Pitchfork is the standard in the industry. Lots of guys run these and will never go back. Go for it man!

spokedwheel

Chimp
Mar 16, 2002
Oceanside, CA
Alright you convinced me I'm going to order them up monday morning.

:DNew stuff!!!:D

Originally posted by steve

Everybody I know that has this fork has put pegs on with no problems. I have these in 14mm and run Kinks and feel confident that I won't break the setup. I'd say that many think that the Pitchfork is the standard in the industry. Lots of guys run these and will never go back. Go for it man!

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Alright you convinced me I'm going to order them up monday morning.

:DNew stuff!!!:D

Nice! I just did a price check on Danscomp and they are 85 dollars. A bit more expensive that what I remembered it to being. :o: Hope this won't steer you away, you'll be very happy with it.

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have heard good things about the pitchforks also. I am going to order a wethepeople everlast fork for myself because it is cheap (through my shop) and some guys I ride with swear by them. I would be interesting in hearing how odyssey's 41thermal forks hold up.

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Originally posted by hardtail_schmuk
odyessy dirt forks. lifetime warrenty, you break it, send it in a get a new one, no questions asked. www.odyessybmx.com this is the fork that is replacing the pitch as the industry standard.
That link doesn't work.

Hey HTS, where in the bay area are you? I'm over in Oak-town.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i live in frisco my self, and all i can say is buy any of those three wtp, s$m, oddessy, and you will be the happiest bmxer on the planet earth!!!!!!:D :cool: :)

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
you can run pegs on pretty much any fork meant for dirt/street. having the pef mounts is if you are a hardcore STREET rider or you ride ramps, they are heavy and stupid if you ask me! :D :cool: :)

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
i have a pitchfork and its really nice...i like it alot, but for my next fork, i may go for the Oddyssey 41 thermal....or the standard looks damn nice too...