Quantcast

Bentonville, Arkansas

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Who has ridden recently in Bentonville? Is it worth a trip? Any recommendations regarding areas and trails?
It's worth a trip if you live within a few hundred miles of it. Definitely the most legit riding in that region, but I just don't see any point to it as a destination. It's not really an "out in the backcountry/wilderness" feel, as you constantly cross property and roads. I think it's absolutely great what they are doing, getting kids and adults into that region into healthy habits and outdoors, don't get me wrong. I just have hard time justifying that over many of the other riding destinations around the country...especially those with big mountains. Work brings me kind of close to it at times, but I'm kind of "meh" if I'll make the attempt to get back out there.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
What JM said. We stopped there over the summer driving from N.C. to CO. Definitely fun to spend a night and ride but not much more. It’s basically an urban trail system.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
can anyone compare it to knoxville area trails? maybe worth it if you're doing a tour of the area and wrap in northern alabama and northwest georgia?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
can anyone compare it to knoxville area trails? maybe worth it if you're doing a tour of the area and wrap in northern alabama and northwest georgia?
I was also contemplating the area for a early spring road trip. We did southwest and lower east coast a bunch of times. That would be a nice change of scenery.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Old co-worker of mine is planning a trip down there in April. Considering joining for riding and shenanigans.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
One of my good friends just relocated there for the winters, he runs a cycling non prof called Buddy Pegs. One of the most solid all around riders I know. He loves it there (but spends his summers up here). Pretty sure he will tap into some Walton money for his thing. He used to be mayor of Victor, and owned a bike shop here (Fitzgerald’s).
his endorsement says a lot, i was going to visit him this spring if I hadn’t of smashed myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some great trails I used to ride back in VA were on the grounds of a fancy private school. My buddy Chris was a teacher there and built a bunch of trails and got a bunch of the shithead rich kids to ride. Years later they got a grant from the Walton's to build a bunch more of the trails.

Funny thing is that the OG tech trails Chris built are more fun than the pro built flow stuff. All good though.

I'mma gonna go out on a limb and say Bentonville trails probably wouldn't be a thing if not for Chris.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
IMO much better then the Knoxville trails, but again, I wouldn't necessarily say it is worth a stand alone trip. Great place to stop for a day or two on the way to an epic/more scenic trail system.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Pretty part of AR at least. Have ridden DH in Mena, AR about 2.5 hrs. south. its legit & fun.