Quantcast

Berkeley/Oakland Hills - March 12, 2006

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I went for a little ride in the Berkeley/Oakland Hills last weekend when there was a little lul in the rain. The clouds over the bay were stunning, so I had to stop to snap a few with my camera phone.

enjoy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Transcend said:
Those are awesome camera phone shots - damn. Good job Moni.
Agreed the last one is a super chill shot.

Yeah, why don't I go eat some hay. I can make things out of clay, or lay by the bay, I just may. Whaddya say?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
thanks guys.. the new sony phones k700, w800, etc have incredible cameras on the phones... good optics, 2MP, flash/light, exposure compensation, macro mode, night mode, etc... really happy with it and find myself able to take quality photos of things I would otherwise miss.

btw, these were shrunk down from 1664 x 1224

here's another photo from the phone (macro mode) ... maine lobster a friend brought back after visiting his folks :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dump said:
I went for a little ride in the Berkeley/Oakland Hills last weekend when there was a little lul in the rain. The clouds over the bay were stunning, so I had to stop to snap a few with my camera phone.

enjoy.
Nice pics!

Grizzly Peak?

That vantage point looks somewhere near Side-o. If my memory serves me correct anyway.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
splat said:
Wow , That is from a phone ? How do you get them off the camera ? how extra are you charged for it ? ?
yup, from a phone.

here's the deal
* Sony w800, (walkman phone, mp3, radio, video, etc)
* 512MB flash, 32MB internal memory
* get the pics of the pone via USB cable...
* there's no DRM bull
* shows up as a removable drive... drag & drop
* charged extra? I own the phone... didn't buy it from the service provider.
* hands down the best phone, best user interface I've ever owned or seen for that matter.
* brilliant battery life.
* has a walkman-only mode, for 20hr(?) battery life. Great for flying.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
mtnbrider said:
That's one crazy phone. That's too big for me though. I would fall on it riding or something.
it's actually quite small (& thin)

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
That is pretty amazing. I might look into one of those myself.
Like that last shot and the lobster too :) What kind of a ride is that? singletrack or other?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BAH said:
That is pretty amazing. I might look into one of those myself.
Like that last shot and the lobster too :) What kind of a ride is that? singletrack or other?
Thanks bah. it's actually a road ride... just doing some climbing to put on the miles. The trails are just over the hill, but they were drenched after almost a week of rain!