Quantcast

Berkshire_riders & Splat 4 hr Rides go to Singletary

splat

Nam I am
Today berkshire_rider and my self went out to Singletary woods. It was iffy when we started as I was driving out there it started raining, and since it was 40 degrees out , the thought of 40 degrees and wet did not sound good. But we got to the trail head and it stopped raining so we decided to give it a go.

I have not been here before , Berkshire rider has , And as we were going down the fire road enterance he says Make a right turn at the living room furniturne.

So we did

we cleared out this chute

and we have some big trees too! , and I wonder did this one make a sound when it fell? if it did I bet it was Load!

Some ladder action to get over a downed tree.

THis rock was right in the middle of the trail , so up and over we went

A fun Rock Garden

and Here is another tree to go under

and we had decided to start heading out , because it was starting to rain, when I caught a stick and snapped my Derailuer hanger.

But this had lots of good tight twisty Single track that looped back on it self over and over , lots of fun

and here is the 7.8 Miles that took us almost 3 1/2 hours

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Sweet. I want to go riding soo bad but it seems that the latest trend is to rain on the weekends which is really the only time i can ride.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
It was actually very dry out today even though we have had a ton of rain lately. A reflection on how little rain we had all summer, I guess. I pretty much forgot to use the camera today, but here are the 4 pics I took:

It's getting to be that time of the year....extra clothing is required.

Splat over a small tree.

Ladder over the fallen tree.

Splat, officially "breaking" in the new bike.

It's a good thing we got out and rode today. It's pouring out again, currently. :mumble:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Nice pics looks like an awesome place to ride., but one of you has serious issues with the color on your camera. :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Was that a La Z Boy? :p

Good shtuff, looks a little cold, i actually went for a pretty warm ride today when compared to a few of my last rides. 50 degrees on the warm side of the ridge and 40 on the cold, but sunny.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Ahhh, beautiful New England, so Norman Rockwelly, I miss the tree's that turn other colors besides yellow, skiing at Catamount, playing hockey at Berkshire school, deep forests with 150 year old stone walls in them.....why did I ever move out West?......oh yeah, mountians over 2000 ft high, that was it. thanks for the pictures.