Quantcast

berm shot and a couple others

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
This shot is from a spot where I have been building the trails for almost 8 years. Morgins, Switzerland is where I started building professionally and it is still my favorite place to go ride. There are some serious g-outs all over the place.

photo by Jeremie Reuiller from here.

My brother took this photo and the cool thing about it is that we were just taking a run and I had no idea he was done shooting with the other guys already. He was hiding in the forest and we didn't even notice him or stop. I think he nailed the shot.

photo by Will Walker

A nice day jumping at the Scott HQ. Photo also by Will.

I like this one because there is no lip and it is super steep. In the old days the lumberjacks sent the trees down these chutes and over time they got buffed into long and very steep chutes or couloirs like in skiing. People started building trails into and out of these chutes and in the wet they are crazy technical to ride. Bunny hop table over the last roller.

my brother also took this photo

Here is a shot of me by Marco Toniolo. I might have already posted it before but I think it is a sick shot.

It rained here enough to melt all the snow and the lifts are closed. I thought I would get back on the bike today but now it is snowing again. I wish the weather would decide. I am getting sick of working on my house and want to ride one or the other.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Good shots Ben! Your bro knows his sht.

You getting snow over there yet? I'm stuck in the States checking the webcams...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Ben, You're showing off, again ;)
You and Will, You are so lucky to live there :)
Take care, Guys!

DanSheridan

Chimp
Feb 7, 2009
Ireland
Sick photos, Morgins is amazing, I was there during the summer, I met Will. The trails are so sweet and arnt destroyed like morzine, Im supprised more people don't ride there! Do you know JT? Hes mates with Will...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Sick photos, Morgins is amazing, I was there during the summer, I met Will. The trails are so sweet and arnt destroyed like morzine, Im supprised more people don't ride there! Do you know JT? Hes mates with Will...
JT with the black Sunday? Yeah, I ride with him a bunch in the summer.

Morgins will get better soon. There are some more trails in the works but nothing finalized.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Buckow, do you have any of those in wallpaper size by chance. Especially the first one?

oh yea, epic pics.
Yeah, I do but I don't think the photographer would be happy with me. He asked me not to post it too big.

That shot was taken with a medium format camera and it is so crisp. My eyes are perfectly clear and you can see the concentration. Jeremie killed it on that one.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here are a couple more photos by my brother Will Walker

testing the flow after I just built a little pumptrack

If you build up enough speed in the pumptrack you can hit this jump.

I built up a bunch of kids bikes as loaners. They are so fun.

Marius Hoppensack getting all folded up. I love his style!

All the Scott riders from DH to XC to Dirt training behind the HQ with little Peter cracking a table. BBQ's are so fun there.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
ben, from morgins how do you link up to the chatel bike park area?
There are two options. You ride across the border and down the asphalt rode to the village in Chatel and then take the bus from the church to Pre La Joux which is the "chatel bike park area." Or, you ride down the rode away from Chatel towards Monthey and take a right at the bridge on to the little forest road and then you drop into a trail on your left at the next little bridge. Take a left at the fork in the trail to some of the best natural berms in the PDS and when you pop out then you ride down to the train in Troistorrents. Take the train to the foot of the tram in Champery. The train is 7 minutes long and has a nice view.

I usually take the train rather than ride over the border but the trail is not marked so most people don't know the trails off the back sides of the resorts in the PDS. There are a bunch of trails you can ride and then take the cog trains to get back to the lifts.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Wow those are some amazing shots. Makes me wish I was into DHing when I was stationed in Southern Germany with the Army. At least I was snowboarding back then. I need to go back for a visit!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
thanks ben, I'm considering my options for next summer.
when people stay with you what area do they generally end up riding for most of their holiday?
No problem.

People ride all over because Morgins is easy to get back to at the end of the day from the top of the Mossette lift. It is a calm little town so if you are looking for more partying then Chatel would be better. Chatel is pretty much the most central and easy access to all the resorts.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So buckow, tell us your story as to how you're there, what you are doing for work, how you're riding all the freaking time, etc. Are you American, etch. Maybe I'm the only one who has no idea about your story. But sure sounds interesting.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks guys. I have lots more photos to show you but I gotta get permission from the photogs first. Also, my brother got a new camera body and some lenses so there should be some better quality pics for next year.

Anybody that comes out for some riding here, make sure to get in touch and I will point you in the right direction.

In the meanwhile here are some Iphone pics from the summer.

My buddies dog is always cruising around the village and he probably has more friends than anyone in town. He came for a run on the WC track with us but got tired on the asphalt road back to town. My wife called him and he jumped right up on her lap and got a ride back to town.

Some walking digger freestyle

and a steep corner on the top section of the Champery track

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Man walks into ER bleeding and battered...
"What happened to you?"
"Well I hucked off this corner right..."

Great pics as always.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Man walks into ER bleeding and battered...
"What happened to you?"
"Well I hucked off this corner right..."

Great pics as always.
haha.

That is actually one of the easier corners on the track but it looks crazy in the photo. The hardest corners on the track look mellow in the pics. I am excited for the race next year. They will be able to carry more speed and there are some big jumps too. Should be sick.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
haha.

That is actually one of the easier corners on the track but it looks crazy in the photo. The hardest corners on the track look mellow in the pics. I am excited for the race next year. They will be able to carry more speed and there are some big jumps too. Should be sick.
ahah, I remember some of those corners being f**ked right up, like having off camber drops 3/4 the way round em that were bottoming bikes out hardcore and pitching riders straight OTB. Hope those ones are still there?

What dates is the world cup over there? Very much doubt I'll be there but would love to make it for the worlds the following year.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
July 24th - 25th

You should come check it out. All the lifts are open so you can ride hard as well as watch. We made stairs all up and down the sides of the track so access will be easy. I will be working though. I guess I am race director for the downhill.

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
We will be there for the World Cup, going to stop off in Champery to watch as part of our Euro trip for the summer.

Is it a new track or has the old one been updated?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
We will be there for the World Cup, going to stop off in Champery to watch as part of our Euro trip for the summer.

Is it a new track or has the old one been updated?
We rebuilt the old track. It carries a lot more speed now and the shady inside lines are still there. There is only one tough corner that is no longer there and there are a lot more big jumps. The bottom section is pretty sick.

The spectator access is an entirely new trail we built right next to the track.