Quantcast

Besides the 'Shed...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
are there any other rides in VA.? I'm going to be in Williamsburg and Centerville the week of July 4th.
I want to hit the shed but it would have to be like that thursday or friday. I rode WG once last year and loved it but it sounds like a waste of time and money. I may hit it up anyway so my son can ride the skate park. Or have they f&(ked that up too? I won't be able to ride on the 10th or 11th because of the BMX race in Woodbridge.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Yes, DH. I did an abbreviated street ride in Richmond once. I wouldn't mind hitting that up again.
As far as skateparks go I'm not into riding them but my son really digs riding them.
Does anyone ride the shed during the week?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
depending on which days yer talking about relative to the 4th...before or after
45 min south of w'burg there is a sweet dj location in norfolk called Ipswitch.
lemme know which days you are going to be here and i can show you some sweet jumps/log rides

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Peete said:
are there any other rides in VA.? I'm going to be in Williamsburg and Centerville the week of July 4th.
I want to hit the shed but it would have to be like that thursday or friday. I rode WG once last year and loved it but it sounds like a waste of time and money. I may hit it up anyway so my son can ride the skate park. Or have they f&(ked that up too? I won't be able to ride on the 10th or 11th because of the BMX race in Woodbridge.
if you are interested in riding a BMX track... there's the winchester course that will be about an hour from centerville.

details on this thread

i just went there this past friday and it was pretty good. kicked my butt!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Ah crap, I mean the friday AFTER the 4th. I won't be up there till tuesday or wednesday.
My plan is to cannonball up to Sugar and ride opening day(3rd), go home, drive to Wburg on the 4th and visit the 'rents for a couple days then head up to C'ville mid week. Stay with my brother, drink home brew then get my spread at the shed thursday/friday, watch kids race BMX sat/sun.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Peete said:
Ah crap, I mean the friday AFTER the 4th. I won't be up there till tuesday or wednesday.
My plan is to cannonball up to Sugar and ride opening day(3rd), go home, drive to Wburg on the 4th and visit the 'rents for a couple days then head up to C'ville mid week. Stay with my brother, drink home brew then get my spread at the shed thursday/friday, watch kids race BMX sat/sun.

I can do that..lets do friday the 9th? hows that?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
mpd510 said:
I can do that..lets do friday the 9th? hows that?
i'm definitely off the 3rd and could ride... i might be off the 9th as well (have a wedding rehearsal dinner that i might have to go to).

whatever day works out best for y'all... i'll try to make it.

skarider

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
annandale
BikeGeek said:
The skate park at Wakefield is pretty close to Centerville. Not sure of their bike policy though.
Wakefield has certain times for biking. I thinkn it is usually weekdays from like 3-630 and Im not sure about weekends. You can check it out on thier website.