Quantcast

Best 20" Complete Poll

Best 20" complete?

• Fit Pro Trail(worth the extra cash?)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • DK 4 Pack(solid spec, best price)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eastern Jane(a bit better spec then the DK, but 30-50 bucks more)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
as i have said many times, im dying to get back on a 20" bike. there is no way im going to be able to build one up part by part..even though i would love to do so. really all i need is a long frame and a good reliable parts spec. i will most likely end up getting some 8" bars no matter what so i keep that in mind. so let me know what you think! i hate asking stuff like this but just want some outside opinions

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just get the Fit. By the time you break stuff or want to upgrade, you might as well get what you really want. The Fit has great geo (how tall are you though?) and nice parts. Don't end up with a crappy bike you don't want to ride.

Also consider Colony and Integral's offerings.

The thing about a nice BMX is that it'll last you forever, just something to consider.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Just get the Fit. By the time you break stuff or want to upgrade, you might as well get what you really want. The Fit has great geo (how tall are you though?) and nice parts. Don't end up with a crappy bike you don't want to ride.

Also consider Colony and Integral's offerings.

The thing about a nice BMX is that it'll last you forever, just something to consider.
ah yes i forgot to mention those two. im 6ft and a 20.75 frame feels pretty good but wouldn't mind a 21 just for a bit more room, kind of a toss up with that..i was afraid someone would say that about the fit, just sucks that it's so much more expensive! you do make a good point though for sure. im just not necessarily trying to drop a load of cash on this deal.

EDIT: and a question for anyone who can answer, i noticed that the DK has 14mm axles front and rear where as most BMX rigs have 3/8's up front instead from what i know...i would think it is kind of a benefit since it is stronger, but can anyone elaborate?

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
as i have said many times, im dying to get back on a 20" bike. there is no way im going to be able to build one up part by part..even though i would love to do so. really all i need is a long frame and a good reliable parts spec. i will most likely end up getting some 8" bars no matter what so i keep that in mind. so let me know what you think! i hate asking stuff like this but just want some outside opinions
when did u get the money, ill take ur old bike if u become a 20'er :happydance:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
A few years ago when BMX bikes weighed 40 pounds, people ran 14mm front axles because they're beefy. Now people are moving to lighter weight stuff, that's why 3/8" is moving into the mainstream again for front axles.

At 6' you're at the cusp between 20.75" and 21". Personally I like my 21" but you'd be fine on the smaller one.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I got a Premium complete a few months back and love it. They took the Premium Team frame and made a complete out of it so you start with a really good frame and they built it up from there to stay in a certain price point. It's a 21" tt. I've upgraded parts here and there. I know that wasn't on you list but just wanted to give my opinion. The Stolen Heater looks freakin' good too.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I got a Premium complete a few months back and love it. They took the Premium Team frame and made a complete out of it so you start with a really good frame and they built it up from there to stay in a certain price point. It's a 21" tt. I've upgraded parts here and there. I know that wasn't on you list but just wanted to give my opinion. The Stolen Heater looks freakin' good too.
hmm..where did you buy the premium from? had no idea they had completes. if you don't mind me asking, around how much was it? that sounds like a very solid bet. the stolen heater and other stolens look way solid, but i don't know where i can get them besides dans comp, which i really don't want to buy from. my LBS can't get them unfortunately either.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I used to put bikes together for Sun & Ski Sports and got it through there. I can't remember what the retail price is. Premium and Haro are together somehow so any Haro dealer should be able to get them even though they are not in the catalog. Not many people know that Premium has a complete this year. It comes with a chrome rear rhyno lite and black front even though mine came with machined side wall front. http://www.premiumbmx.com/news.html
Scroll down a little bit. They have pictures and the review BMX Plus did on it.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I used to put bikes together for Sun & Ski Sports and got it through there. I can't remember what the retail price is. Premium and Haro are together somehow so any Haro dealer should be able to get them even though they are not in the catalog. Not many people know that Premium has a complete this year. It comes with a chrome rear rhyno lite and black front even though mine came with machined side wall front. http://www.premiumbmx.com/news.html
Scroll down a little bit. They have pictures and the review BMX Plus did on it.
thanks for the info! looks like a solid build and price..i will be considering this as well. the DK is out after finding out it is about 4lbs heavier then any of the others mentioned. im strongly considering the eastern and stolen offerings since they will be the easiest for me to come by..

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
haha, the money is coming from selling old parts. doubt i'll give up my 2-6er all together but i'll keep that in mind! i'll actually be selling a fixie:happydance: if you mite be interested in that:spam: what are you doing this weekend?
i might give u 20 bout thats as much as there worth/ i dont have enough money to spend on a fixie i need a DJer

and i might be in auburn on monday, cus im in tahoe all weekend

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Kink is offering an affordable complete these days, or atleast are about to. I personaly love their frames

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Mongoose team bikes are a good deal. Ya i know - department store name - but the frames have top notch welds, and the completes have good parts. I bought a used 2007 Legion, and am very happy with it. The stickers are removed from the frame, and the locals at the skatepark do not believe me when I tell them the frame is a Mongoose. Check em out:

http://www.mongoose.com/bmx/TeamBikes.html