Quantcast

Best 30 bucks spent on improving your riding enjoyment.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Last winter while trying on new snowboard boots I discovered Superfeet insoles. I tried on 8 pairs of boots...everything from the cheapest to the most expensive from DC, Burton, Vans, etc. I wore every boot for at least a half hour trying to find the perfect fit. But every boot I tried on, a hot spot developed under my right foot EVERY time. Finally one of the sales reps recommended Superfeet insoles...and the change was dramatic. After buying two pairs, one for my snowboard boots and one for my work boots, I decided to try their blue thin version in my bike shoes. Again I've always had a hell of a hard time finding a bike shoe that would allow me to ride more than a half hour without my toes going numb. I even posted recommendations on this board becuase I was at the end of my rope. My first ride on the Superfeet insoles in my bike shoes was in Moab for 3 days with two rides per day. HOLY CRAP the difference was awesome.

So if you have any trouble finding shoes that fit right...try out a pair and I'll be you see a big difference.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
We sell those at my shop, and people come in all the time saying "My dr. recommended to get these"

They must be good. But they look like a freaking insole to me.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Superfeet and SOLE insoles are both awesome and can make a massive difference (especially in snowboard boots, cycling shoes, hockey skates etc). Highly recommended.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
i should try some cuz my shoes are wearing out and they dont have much cushion anymore. well you need the cushion for the pushin... and no thats not sexual

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DaveW said:
I get custom foot beds made for my ski boots....Can you get them for other shoes?
Do you need orthotics, or just like custom footbeds? SOLE footbeds you heat up in the oven and custom form in the boot. It works great, they retain shape perfectly (mine are going on 3 season) and can be reformed if necessary. Best part is a pair is like $30.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I got custom beds for my ski boots (actually the whole bit was custom fit). Incredible difference. I should get some for cycling but my shoes are already very tight, not sure I could squeeze them in.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
A $20 Salsa middle ring stopped my chain slip for good - after replace just about every part of my drive train because the first part I put on to fix the problem was a new XT ring.

Die, shimano, die.