Quantcast

Best 4 day tour (based out of DC)

Bakes5

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Maryland (near DC)
OK,

I have a 3-4 days I can get away this summer for some riding. I live in DC. I am looking for DH oriented stuff with a smattering of XC (I have a Bullit w/ Jr T).

Here is what I have so far:

Snowshoe
Tsali

Are there any other sweet areas between DC and NC that I should be thinking of?

Thanks

Bakes

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Well, this is in the opposite direction (for a separate trip perhaps) but you should go up to Mountain Creek/Diablo in NJ.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
And if you're already thinking about driving all the way to Tsali, save a couple hours and hit some of the stuff in Pisgah. Much more XC/FR/DH oriented. Tsali is more of a place to take the girl and ride rigid singlespeed.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Its a good 6 hour drive from SnowShoe to Pisgah (so Tsali would be longer). And Tsali is notoriously "tame". Go to Diablo and SnowShoe instead.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Both Mtn Creek and Showshoe obviously have good DH trails, and both have some XC too. If your at Mtn Creek, ride XC at Waywayonda (spelled phonetically) and Alamuchy (sp?) State Park. Alamuchy has some great rocks to play on.

Bakes5

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Maryland (near DC)
Hmmmm,

The spots are way to far apart to do them justice over 4 days. It is looking like I should probably turn this into different trips. Just do the ol drive up Friday night, camp out, ride then come home saturday evening thing.

Looks like the best stuff somewhat around me is Diablo and Snowshoe.

I will post when I am going if anyone is interested in coming along.

Later

Bakes