Quantcast

best ammo prices?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just got 50 115gr 9mm remingtons for $11 @ dick's. which chains do you find that offer more competitive prices?

does anybody here buy ammo online?
reload?
have a good hookup?

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I bought a box of "Blazer" Brass casing 9mm box of 50 for $9.99+tax last year.
Now the aluminum casing costs $9.99+tax, & the brass casing now is about $12.99

.223 ammo was $10 for a box of 20 !

Buy it while you can at these prices because a democrap leader will either "try" to ban ammo; or try and tax it to death! ...... They'll call it the " Compensatory Universal Freedom Levy Tax" or something stupid.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Cabela's usually will have some good ammo prices for most pistol and rifle cartridges. You mentioned Remington...try and shy away from the UMC cartridges, they aren't very reliable, and thus, not very safe. I'll shoot Wolf before I shoot UMC.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Cabela's usually will have some good ammo prices for most pistol and rifle cartridges. You mentioned Remington...try and shy away from the UMC cartridges, they aren't very reliable, and thus, not very safe. I'll shoot Wolf before I shoot UMC.
UMC's what i got. haven't fired very much, & nothing's ever happened. maybe saturday's my lucky day?

what's so bad about umc? it's still a proper fmj, right?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I've found that the cheap winchester fmj I get from Walmart doesn't shoot accurately in my 9. It seems to like hollowpoint much better. Annoying given that it's about twice as expensive.

cgerald1

Chimp
Mar 21, 2005
I hate to say it....

Walmart.....

Its cheap and typically goes bang when you pull the trigger. The Winchester White box is a good deal if your gun of choice will feed it. The stuff is great for days at the range.

CG