Quantcast

Best axle tensioner?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
What does everyone use? I had those bullet spurs for a while, and HATED the 2 bolt adjustment, and how the bolts dug into the frame over time. I jut got some poverty 10mm ones, and while I like the adjustment system, they do not fit the frame well. The back plate is not thick enough, and the design does not allow me to put the axle anywhere close to all the way forward in the dropouts (horizontal), so I have very little adjustability.

So, I need a tensioner that:
-uses a 1 bolt system
-allows me to put the axle all the way forward in the dropouts
-does NOT dig into the frame
-fits 3/8" or 10mm

What has everyone had luck with?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
where do you get those, they are totally dope nasty.
Ebay and some of the online TRACK stores have them , You can also call Americal Cyclery in S.F. and they can do CC# orders over the phone . For 10mm alxes there are flat out the best tensioner ever made !

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ebay and some of the online TRACK stores have them , You can also call Americal Cyclery in S.F. and they can do CC# orders over the phone . For 10mm alxes there are flat out the best tensioner ever made !
the ones i just saw on ebay are $35 damn that is pricey...i usually order all my stuff through "a wholesaler"...hard to pay that kind of jing for something like that...

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
the ones i just saw on ebay are $35 damn that is pricey...i usually order all my stuff through "a wholesaler"...hard to pay that kind of jing for something like that...
$35 a pair is pretty standard for these , there forged chromonly and they have to be shipped from Japan ... everything cost but at least there KIRIN approved right :biggrin: