Quantcast

Best bang for buck completes?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I think zerode was selling a super nice build on the g2 for somewhere around 5k. From what i remember it was good stuff. 3600 frame so you do the math!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I agree though, buying new at retail is crazy. There are so many good Dh bikes out there that there is no fyckin way you can justify spending $1100 more on a demo II then an arum. Does the demo ride better? No. Differently? Sure. They're both top notch DH bikes.

I think the reason everybody is recommending buying used is because with just a small amount of looking, you can find bikes like mine (or my buddies) for way less that are arguably as good. He just bought a 2008 Canfield Jedi in perfect condition with a 40/CCDB/xt/xtr level components for 1800. I just bought a 2009 v10 with kashima 40/rc4/full saint build for 2250. Both were in ready to ride condition, no tweaking/replacing parts necessary.

DH bikes are silly expensive, and paying retail on the high end seems crazy to me. Companies want to give their bikes away to the fast guys, and then make you pay double to recoup the costs. Just buy your bike from the fast guys when they're done with it after a year of use.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Companies want to give their bikes away to the fast guys, and then make you pay double to recoup the costs. Just buy your bike from the fast guys when they're done with it after a year of use.
its not so much that, but that production quantities are way low (compared to road, and even compared to XC stuff). Low volume = high per unit cost.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
It's about margins and brand reputation you pay for the most. Cut away one margin and don't ride a hype-brand and you get the same tech for a considerable less amount of money.

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
Rockrider Drowp 9 - 2499€ (3300US$)

And it's the same frame that KHS DH300 :shocked:

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I think zerode was selling a super nice build on the g2 for somewhere around 5k. From what i remember it was good stuff. 3600 frame so you do the math!
Yeah full ZEE parts, Shimano Pro, Sun ADD Lite Pro, SDG I-FLY, CC Headset, CCDB or RC4, Dorado Expert,

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
You guys made me realize slightly used may be the way to go. Theres just something awesome about building
up a a mint bike from a box. But that also comes with $6K =/

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Yep buy used and spend the rest of the money on going a rad trip or doing uplift for the next year....