Quantcast

Best bar for dh?

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
Hello, i'm looking for a new bar, i've always been riding dh with protaper with 2'' of rise with a thomson stem but the bar is getting old and i'm looking for something new.

I'd like to have something light, with some kind of the same shape as the protaper, i want a low rise to flat, around 27'' or more and the most important is that it needs to be 25.4. Can be in carbon or alu or ti?

most of the bars i can have are 31.8 and i dont believe in that size for some reasons(weight, too stiff and they are ugly) and the other ones are brands i dont like or shape that dont look good.

the only one i found wich meets my taste is the easton monkey lite dh but i cant have em low rise and is twice the price of the ea70 for 25g lighter. the other one is the protaper 1'' but it's not wide enough and the last one is the easton ea70 low rise but the shape is weird.

what's your suggestions monkeys?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
look at the chromag bars, they aren't the lightest but they're a well made bar with good angles and such. i completely agree with you on the angles of the low rise ec70 being weird, i don't understand why easton chose some of the numbers they did. i'm not sure if syncros makes a 25.4 bar, but they make some good stuff. also check out funn.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
There aren't too many 25.4 bars lower than 1.5 that I've seen. Chromag only makes the 25.4 in a 1.5 rise. Funn makes the Full-on in a 25.4 low rise (30mm) that shouldn't hard to find. Sunline makes their lower end bar (V3) in a 25mm rise as well.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Deity bars are a bit high, but yet the most comfortable bar that i ever tried and used. plus al 2014 t6 will never bent or broke

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
ea70 and protaper are both the same shape. IIRC all easton bars are 9* back and 5* up. Funn bars come in a low (3/4 or 1") rise in a 25.4, but they have (noticably) less back sweep...

I am with you on the 25.4 vs 31.8 debate. I finally gave up for the DH bike when the old one got stollen and I had to start from scratch. There are soooo many more choices if yo ugo 31.8. I currently run sunline V1s and like them a lot (same bend as easton.

Funny, answer would still sell bars if the brought the specs into the 21st century. Currently their only low rise bars are 26" or narrower and the majority of them are 2" tall.:busted:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
My new Easton CNT Monkey light DH. 28"s wide, 31.8, 1.5 rise, 225 g's. I love it.

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
I'm going old school now with Control Tech is bringing out a 710mm low rise bar in polished Silver....
look out for them on the Morewood Bikes...