Quantcast

Best Bar Names?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
There was a crappy frat bar in Chapel Hill, NC called "He's not here." I always thought that was a pretty good name even if the bar itself sucked. Another bar down the street called Linda's, made up bumper stickers that said "He's not here, he's at Linda's" I always perfered hanging out at Linda's because of the high dank factor. It was the kind of place where you went out back to pee in the alley rather than chance going into the restrooms.

There was a bar in Raleigh back in the day called the Cat's Sass. It was upstairs from another bar, so if you went from the downstairs bar to the upstairs bar you went "up the cat's sass".

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
there was a bar on my way to high school called

whereitsat... now I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be "where IT sat" or "where it's at" the lack of any puntuation left me wondering, but the neighborhood was a little rough for me so I never went in to ask!

we have a "recovery room" across from one of our hospitals! I would say from the neighborhood, and type of clientele they have hangin around the place that more people came from the bar into the hospital, than vice versa, but what do I know?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
9:30 Club on F Street.

The only place I ever cared about.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Small little pub style bar here named 317 maybe not the best name but definitely my favorite bar oh and there is a bar in the same building called The Pour house

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a bar in town called "My Place". The name isn't that good, but there is a sign in the window that says:

"If you drive him to drink, drive him here."

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
There is a bar in town called "My Place". The name isn't that good, but there is a sign in the window that says:

"If you drive him to drink, drive him here."
I have seen that sign here locally... :thumb:

I also like the sign that is hanging in my basement that says
"if you are drinking to forget... please pay in advance!" :rofl:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
miss behavin

i also liked a bar called deep eddy in Austin. i believe it is a joke about the currents in the colorado river. the only thing funny about that is there is a sci-fi story by Bruce Sterling, a resident of Austin, called Deep Eddy.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Couple bars in frequented when living in Boston. Great Scot's and The Living Room. Oh, and Daisy Buchanan's and The Cactus Club.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
all those are still there (though the only Living Room i know/knew was a music club in providence).

great scott's now has some decent music from time to time as well.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
all those are still there (though the only Living Room i know/knew was a music club in providence).

great scott's now has some decent music from time to time as well.
Yeah, I know of the Living Room in Prov. as well. This place was up in Brighton (sp?). Was a in a basement room that was filled with couches. Very loungy feel. Had a DJ spinning house/trance on Thurs. nights.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
There is a bar in New Haven, CT named "Bar." There used to be one in Hartford named "The No Name Bar." No wonder those two cities suck.
In No Name Key, Florida there is of course the No Name Pub.

PS, there is/was a bar in Albany with old wooden ducks in the window. No sign, just ducks, so of course everyone called it Duckies.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Just south of Pittsburgh on Rt. 51 there are 2 that are pretty good.

1- the Monkey Bar
2- "the large hotel" (in "Large PA") it is a small ass bar if I have ever seen one!

The Church! it is a brew pub converted from an old church, complete with a brewing station on the alter! :thumb: Come to P-burgh, I will take you to church! :twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just south of Pittsburgh on Rt. 51 there are 2 that are pretty good.

1- the Monkey Bar
2- "the large hotel" (in "Large PA") it is a small ass bar if I have ever seen one!

There used to be a monkey bar outside Cincinnati that had a real monkey in it. He'd smoke cigarettes and drink beer. SPCA put an end to that.