Quantcast

best bike for $2500-$3100

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey sorry but one more question what do you guys think is the best extrem DH/FR bike for the above prices, i am just trying to help my friend he is really having trouble to find the bike he wants, i think now though he is looking more for something that is comming out for 06, thank you guys for helping me out.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
There is never a Supreme, best bike.

It depends on your riding style, size, terrain, preferences,etc. First before anyone can make an educated suggestion , you (or who ever the bike is for needs to answer those words above).

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
rock trail, jumps, he is 6-4, wants it a little small, he wants a travis i have no idea why, and something like the faith from giant or something else like that that can hadle a little of every thing to the extrem of fr/dh that he does

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
the most rear travel the better but as long as it doesn't give the bike a strange feel and completley stop it pedaling ability and yeah he is the kind of person that just rips down the trail, so he needs something that can hold up and take his abuse

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
ya ive seen the dude "rip down the trail" lol..........dude i was laughing so hard wen i left ur house......when u pointed at my mom and im like.....ok bye tia maria! lol

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I thought he wanted a VP-Free. He should get that, it's a fine FR bike. Also the 06 Bighits (with a 26" rear wheel) look very cool. You could also look at Iron Horse because they have them cheap at Supergo (I think its Supergo). There are tons of bikes out there, go to your local shop and pick one.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You two shutup. (not you black noise). If your friend is really good, then he should know enough about bikes to go look at them at shops. You guys are polluting ridemonkey.

Aug 12, 2005
i dont know bike`s super well yet, but i was recomend`d to my TREK, Session 77 i got it on sale for about 2850 out the door, i love it , worked well at whitler!

Sep 29, 2004
if the 77 is good enough for cam mccaul and shandro its a sick bike... though shandro rides that sick prototype now..

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Im selling a chumba wumba f4 for around that price, look in the buy and sell under complete bikes.

Dan

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Check out the new Specialized Big Hits man. And I am not sure on price, but that new Cannondale Gracia has a Travis on it. I forget which model number the Gracia is.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
rpk1988 said:
Check out the new Specialized Big Hits man. And I am not sure on price, but that new Cannondale Gracia has a Travis on it. I forget which model number the Gracia is.
I think it's the gracia 3's. I didn't think C-Dale has released the prices on those yet though.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, they look good too. I cant wait until all the new stuff gets released and all the prices are out. I am tired of waiting.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah that is what i want to know my friend is curiouse about this bike

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
DH SB RIDER said:
what is the gracia bike and where can i view the new one
You can view that HERE . It is basically the new DH rig, so the Gemini is there just for freeride now. And if I am not mistaking, its got a lot more travel to run through.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
awsome any other bikes you recomend that look or feel similar to the vp free, but new for 06

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
There are better company's out there at the same price that are better then DB. I am not saying they are bad, I just wouldnt recommend them. If you want VPP, check out Santa Cruz too. But they might be a little bit pricey.

B

bighitfsr

If your freind doesnt really know what bike to buy I reccomend going for a complete bike from one of the big brands.

Specialized 06 Bighit, 06 Giant DH and Iron Horse Sunday would be my reccomendations. You get way better value buying complete vs custom and if your not really picky or dont know a whole lot about components then its not worth going for a custom spec.

Satacruz or anything else that does not come as a complete ride is going to work out a lot more expensive for a complete ride with similar components and IMO SC frames are no better than these more mass produced bikes.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
i just got a faith 2 today... seems really solid and can probably handle all of your buddy's needs. and its in his price range.