Quantcast

Best bike for, FR/DH (jumping)

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i friend is trying to find the best complet bike for the above things that is in the same price range of the VP-free, or cheaper. he has an iron horse sgs expert and not only does it not fit him but it is just not a good bike. he is around 6-4 and i believe if the bike is in reaqlly good condition he would buy used ( i think he likes to ride bikes a little samll so it is more jumpable. thanks for your help because i cant find anything that he would want.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I hear good things about the Iron Horse 7point. And the new Bighit looks good. I rode one for over a year and it was a great bike for jumps, drops, and racing.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
black noise said:
I hear good things about the Iron Horse 7point. And the new Bighit looks good. I rode one for over a year and it was a great bike for jumps, drops, and racing.
where did u find a pic of the new bighit i herd they were on nsmb but i couldnt find them? and what about a yeti ASX a guy i rode with yesterday had one and it was light enough to jump and was great for dh and freeride

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
If you really plan on a lot of DH, get the VP-Free, but if you are mainly going for FR and not as fast DH, get the VPX. The VPX has a little less travel, and the geometery is slightly different.

If you have enough for a VP-Free, get a VP-Free or a VPX.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
cannondale geminis are also adjustable dh/freeride bikes, you can adjust travel and geo somewhat and they can be built up very light, mine is 35 pounds and it jumps very well

Heavy C

Chimp
Dec 5, 2001
I am lovin my 7point7 for all types of riding. Tech Shore style to full speed Whistler runs. I've dj'ep on it and taken it on long xc rides here in Squamish.

Most versatile bike I have ever owned. Cant say enough good things about it. If the distribution gets sorted it will be very popular up here in the NW.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
sounds cool but my friend for some reason has a problem about specialize

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
He shouldn't. They're excellent bikes with amazing value. I first saw the new Bighit being ridden by a guy from Norcal at Whistler who got top 10 in Pro Garbanzo DH. I'd tell your friend to take a closer look at Specialized. He'd save a lot of money over a Santa Cruz or Intense.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah still i know but he wont ever get a specialize so do you guys have anyother recomendatoins

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Intenseman: Is that a '06 66? 170mm? Can you give me the axle to crown measurement?

You should rotate that roller guard on your guide clockwise to about 7 o'clock.....

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay z man the reason your friend is having probs with his sgs is because it doesnt fit him man. i ride the team dh and i can huck, dh, and jump with that thing 5 ways to sunday. hmm what a coincidence. i love the bike and it has been good to me i have beet the living snot outa the thing and it keeps comming back for more. i also have two other friends who ride them and they are loving them. also one of them runs a small frame and hes 6'1", how he does it i dont know, but it works. i think your friend is just over reacting cause its and iron horse and its not as mainstream as everything else, and has he giving you much of a reason he doesnt like specialized. cause i do remember that specialized does have the demo 9 and 8. i mean he could just being saying that and i mean he could know alot thats the what im taking from it.

ohh i recomend the vp free, or the 7 point. im not a big fan of uzzies for the simple reason of the tall bb and it makes you set to far foward. unless they have fixed this problem the i say go for either the uzzi or the 7 point. :thumb:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i probably going to tell him about the 7 point or uzzi the reason why he wont ride specialize is i guess because it is a specialize there is no other way i can put it

Intenseman

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
France
Castle said:
Intenseman: Is that a '06 66? 170mm? Can you give me the axle to crown measurement?

You should rotate that roller guard on your guide clockwise to about 7 o'clock.....
No...the fork is...Photoshop

The 66 RC2X 170mm Marzo 2006 is 555mm

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i trying to talk my friend into the specialize and he might do it but right now he can't affor new any used built up ones on the market