Quantcast

Best bike shop in Boulder, Co

Mikkellund

Chimp
Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm staying in Boulder for two weeks with my girlfriend visiting a friend.

In denmark i do some cross country mountainbiking, and when i see all nice mountains over here and all the cool bikes, i wanna ride mtb as well.

Can somebody recommend me a place to rent a bike, some basic gear and some navigation?

Maybe i should drive to a bike park, but i have never tried one. No bike parks in denmark. Will a bike park have a bike, i can rent?

Any suggestions are welcome. (Especially suggestions for micro breweries to visit as well).

Thanks!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Hey guys,

I'm staying in Boulder for two weeks with my girlfriend visiting a friend.

In denmark i do some cross country mountainbiking, and when i see all nice mountains over here and all the cool bikes, i wanna ride mtb as well.

Can somebody recommend me a place to rent a bike, some basic gear and some navigation?

Maybe i should drive to a bike park, but i have never tried one. No bike parks in denmark. Will a bike park have a bike, i can rent?

Any suggestions are welcome. (Especially suggestions for micro breweries to visit as well).

Thanks!
The one that I see recommended most frequently is Sports Garage. The other that I used to go to fairly frequently because I walked past it two or three times a week was Full Spoke on Pearl Street. I would expect that either would be able to help you.

Breweries:
- Best Beer - Avery
- Best beer and food - Mountain Sun or Southern Sun
- Surprisingly good - Upslope

Others:
- Twisted Pine - it's not bad beer, but it's not great.
- Boulder Beer - The beer is pretty good, definitely better than Twisted Pine's. Food isn't good.
- Walnut Brewery - Actually owned by Rock Bottom, so it's not the local brewery they sometimes try to pretend they are. I went a couple times, but haven't been back in years. Neither the beer or the food are very good.
- BJ's - another corporate owned place. Beer and food are both pretty good. I go occasionally.
- New Planet Beer - I just heard of this place recently, and haven't been to it yet.

Mikkellund

Chimp
Aug 1, 2011
Sounds good. Actually i've already visited SG. I talked to chris. It is 25 dollars to rent a yeti for a day. And i always wanted to try a yeti, so i'm very happy.

Jun 1, 2011
Denver
I would very much recommend NOT going to Twisted Pine, if you do go make sure to stay away from the raspberry wheat. Also, definitely check out Mountain Sun. Great food and great beer.