Quantcast

Best bikes under 3k.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
it's just a lazily put together list of pretty bargainous bikes
some of them are pretty good.

Be helpful if you said what your looking for other than just splashing $3k randomly

but if it's a solid derp/DHable fun all rounder

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/s?q=sommet&sort=pricehigh&pf=1200&pt=3100
I have that bike. Love it. Got the 2017 XT drive train, SLX brakes blah blah blah for $1850. Solid deal. Sometimes I almost feel like I’m having as much fun as my buddies on their $6000 carbon super bikes.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I have that bike. Love it. Got the 2017 XT drive train, SLX brakes blah blah blah for $1850. Solid deal. Sometimes I almost feel like I’m having as much fun as my buddies on their $6000 carbon super bikes.
You probably are...
I have the Esommet VR. E bike version with Lyrik, Superdlx, Guide RE, DT/XT/SLX and love it.
Have ridden the normal one too. Great bikes (and not just for the money either)
I'd go as far as to say the Lyrik equipped carbon Sommets rival a top end Nukeproof Mega.. .So basically an entire stage faster than any top end $6k derp bike if that's your thing

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
All the Guerrilla Gravity bikes can be had for under $3k. I can only comment on the Shred Dogg, but I have nothing but good things to say about it. I feel like a kid again every time I go for a ride. Customer service was top notch also. When my boys outgrow their current bikes I would like to build up some GG's for them, that's how much I like the bike and the company behind it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think the availability of fantastic used bikes is probably what's killing the industry and forcing the adaptation of ridiculous "standards". I mean you can get last years' wunderbike for less than 3k, and it probably rides a lot better than any of those on the list, even if they have nx eagle and 148mm boost. That didn't use to be the case, back when every five years represented a huge leap forward, and not virtually the same bike but with wider axles.