Quantcast

Best Biking desktop Background? Now with 2008 action!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody have any good, high-res shots that they use as desktop backgrounds? Can you post them? I'm dying for some good shots to tide me over until may.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just remember you can do anything awesome in a photoshoot. The next 3 frames from that sequence may very well be hill catching his bar or sliding along on his shoulder. Photoshoots rule. That shot also looks to be light by a HUGE softbox or 2, so nowak has some portable studio lighting on scene.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'll be putting some up on the site later this week actually. I need to know what sizes people will be needing, so post your screen rez (again!).
Fraser i would love that man, I have some good stuff but am getting a bit tired of it. One request for those of us that enjoy the "hucker clowns" can you put up a wallpaper of the shot you got of one of the crankworx slopestyle riders hitting b-claws wall?

That was a tight shot.

1920x1200 here.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Widescreen is indeed in the cards. I need to do 24, and 21inch wide lcds, and then probably a few standard Rez.

I can't do it till i get back into the office later on this week, as that is where my externals are with the images on them.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Just remember you can do anything awesome in a photoshoot. The next 3 frames from that sequence may very well be hill catching his bar or sliding along on his shoulder. Photoshoots rule. That shot also looks to be light by a HUGE softbox or 2, so nowak has some portable studio lighting on scene.
Or, he just knows how to set his flashes up so they aren't terribly obviously present and overpowering. Spomer can do the same thing, which is another reason (among many) that I love his shots so much.

This is one shot off my site by a guy named Jay Newman. Just a shame there was no real way of showing the jump itself, as it was very hidden and buried in the grass.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
1280 X 768

Anyone else see that every last bit of kit Hill is on and has on is brand spanking new in that photo. Must have been taking at the start of the year...fresh.

Where did you get that Nowak shot from, I always admire his work but don't ever see much of it only in the odd catelouge.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Or, he just knows how to set his flashes up so they aren't terribly obviously present and overpowering. Spomer can do the same thing, which is another reason (among many) that I love his shots so much.

This is one shot off my site by a guy named Jay Newman. Just a shame there was no real way of showing the jump itself, as it was very hidden and buried in the grass.

Sorry, the flash in that shot is terribly obvious, it's also a softbox or diffused flash, guaranteed. It down lower left (you can see it flaring on the ground). There is also another one filling from the right (possibly, it could also be reflected natural light).

The one you just posted is also (obviously) flash lit. Anyone can setup a flash to not be obvious, it just depends what effect you are trying to achieve, what you are shooting for, and the location (ie: photoshoot, event, race etc)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
No, its not terribly obvious, not in the way i mean. There is obviously a flash or a bunch being used, but nowhere other then the bottom of the helmet are there huge cast shadows leaving big black blobs across the rider. Hes just really well lit, and is still connected to the background. Highlighted, but not removed. A killer shot.

The shot I posted is obviously flash too, but the time of day made it hard for jay to shoot. I have a second version that makes tthe trees visible, that looks neat.

That Nowak shot is just one of the best I've seen in a long time. It just really stands out, so much movement and intensity to it.

Anyone got a link to that shot Spomer took of the Turner rider with the ground exploding underneath him? Its like the guy is drifting at mach 1 or something, huge dustcloud following him. Hard to explain, but impossible to forget. :)

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Anyone got a link to that shot Spomer took of the Turner rider with the ground exploding underneath him? Its like the guy is drifting at mach 1 or something, huge dustcloud following him. Hard to explain, but impossible to forget. :)

That was Sven Martin, riding one of them aul dusty spots in the UsofAiii. The word most frequently used to describe it was LOOSE!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Clean kits and fresh gear are over rated.... :rolleye:

This was a shot my wife grabbed one night. She doesn't know much about photog skills but I like the way it turned out. :cheers: