Quantcast

Best camping in Oregon

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My lady and I are driving down the west coast late May-early June from BC to SoCal. We plan to camp a few times along the way, and Oregon is definitely on the list.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great campsites? We're not looking to hike in for hours, just nice spots that aren't full of RVs.

Thanks.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It is a ways inland but still on the western side of the state. Hard to say if it is worth it or not, depends on how fast you want to get through the state.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
We did the same thing last summer. We turned off I-5 and hit the coast at Salem. There were some very nice campgrounds there, but get reservations. The drive down is awesome, and it dumps you right into Redwoods...which is even more awesome. I highly recommend camping the the Redwoods State park. Cheap and everything the Nat park is.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
We did the same thing last summer. We turned off I-5 and hit the coast at Salem. There were some very nice campgrounds there, but get reservations. The drive down is awesome, and it dumps you right into Redwoods...which is even more awesome. I highly recommend camping the the Redwoods State park. Cheap and everything the Nat park is.
I think you left I-5 at Grants Pass and took the highway to the coast which is just over the border in California. That's where the Redwoods are.