Quantcast

Best CD you have bought lately.....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wow tough question, i dont really "buy" but the best cd i have "gotten" lately would have to be either:

Rise Against "Siren Song of the Counter Culture"

or

the new CKY album...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside
Umphrey's McGee - Anchor Drops
Medeski, Martin & Wood - End of the World Party
Brian Wilson - Smile

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Fall Out Boy - From under the Cork Tree

I also just got the new foo fighters and Dropkick Murphys but I haven't listened to them as much yet.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Recent best album(s) bought.....

Children of Bodom - "Hatebreeder"

Shadows Fall - "The War Within"

yeah, those two are REALLY solid, great production. The guitar players are off da chain!!!

Strongly recomend!! :thumb: :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DRB said:
What is Narlus sending you?
well i've got some ideas but haven't set anything in stone yet. i can tell you that there will be these bands represented:

pavement
guided by voices
helmet
songs ohia
dr octagon

but i still need to do some thinking.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's not my usual type, but Sola Via. They are a local kickass Latin guitar band - like the Gypsy Kings.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
Oh that new Beck is kiiiilllllllerrrrr...I was listening to it pre and post ride last night! Best CD I've bought lately was Greyboy...Mastered the Art. Kinda swanky jazzy hip hop...

HEY! Did I miss your review or post about this past Weekend? (Ya know, that little concert ya went too?) :mumble:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sirknight6 said:
HEY! Did I miss your review or post about this past Weekend? (Ya know, that little concert ya went too?) :mumble:
only if yer high or blind or somethin...it was a hot topic yesterday...look at the pics here...http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124123
first post I talk about what an AWESOME show JP put on! The rest is just rippin on the people at the show...

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I just picked up a few good ones lately:

[re:jazz] (re:mix) - very cool jazzy chill music*
Foo Fighters "In Your Honor" - good Foo, but kinda pop-sih. Still good though.
Coldplay "X&Y" - More of the same, which isn't a bad thing
Lemon Jelly "'64-'95" - I really like this one

*I was playing this CD at the shop the other day and one of the mechanics called it "smooth jazz" and I had to shut him down because he likes to play Journey all the time. :dead: :dead: :dead:

I think he thinks it makes him cool and "alternative" to listen to that lame "arena rock" crap from Steve Perry... I grew up in the 80's and it sucked even then! :eviltongu

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
narlus said:
that's the special Clancy98 mix.
Hey I wasn't even in this thread ya mean bastard. anyways, I am listening to the new Mos Def and its pretty nice. Oh, Tom Russell _ Indians Cowboys Horses Dogs.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
narlus said:
that's a band whose popularity remains an air-tight mystery to me.
Yeah took me a couple listens, but now I really like it. I just saw them recently, and it was a great show.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I only buy cd's that I'm pretty sure don't suck. and I don't buy too many of them....

Clutch
Fu Manchu

are probably my latest purchases.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
The best CD i GOT (not bought) lately was a D'Addario Bass Lines disc that came with a mag. The best that i bought would have to be Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams"

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
iresmoke1 said:
The Transplants- Haunted Cites
It's funny.
and I got the new Coldplay. It's good not great. And he is freakin HOT.
:eek: where the heck you been? :eek:

How are ya? I was up there in April. You doing ok......dang girl, lotsa questions!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
trying to think what i've got recently...got the new Ash cd via ebay and there are a few decent tunes but it's not a great cd. i think the best cd i've gotten lately is probably either the reissue of Dungen's 1st lp (swedish psych stuff), or maybe the red sparowes. that's excellent.

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
the last cd i bought was The Red Chord - Clients... its good... the drums are amazing and the guitar parts are wonderful.... I downloaded some Into The Moat... really good techy metal and these jazz parts come out of no where... its pretty rad
ALSO.... people should check out a band from Orange County, California called Mikoto. www.purevolume.com/mikoto is where you can hear their tunes. If you like newer hardcore its pretty good.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
The new Transplants is pretty tight, even though it is a lot more gangsta than their first cd.