Quantcast

Best Cheap & Lightweight Hydro Disk Brakes

J

JRB

I would say Juicy 5s, since you can get them for $130 a side now. They are like the 7s, without the little knob. I don't mess with the knob much. I wish I had gotten the 5s and just set them up right and been done with it. The 7s stop really well.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
"And of course, you get Avid’s Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™, which makes aligning the caliper about as easy as falling off a log. Basically, you’re looking at a hydraulic brake that does everything you ever wanted, with a splash of Avid smarts."

So it looks like if I get these then Skookum will be able to intall them. :thumb:

I was also looking at Avid Juicy XC for $139.00 at pricepoint.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
So it looks like if I get these then Skookum will be able to intall them. :thumb:
i'm still trying to figure out how cantilevers disengage to take a tire off.....

Hey i bogued on the Shelton ride today, might be interested in doing it next weekend. You game Midge Master?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Skookum said:
i'm still trying to figure out how cantilevers disengage to take a tire off.....

Hey i bogued on the Shelton ride today, might be interested in doing it next weekend. You game Midge Master?
Yes it is possible but... I've been promoted to Shoe Seller in Chief and I am not sure how that will change my schedule. Hopefully the man won't keep me down. :monkey:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
Yes it is possible but... I've been promoted to Shoe Seller in Chief and I am not sure how that will change my schedule. Hopefully the man won't keep me down. :monkey:
Yah well them shoes won't sell themselves..... :rolleyes: :monkey:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
HFX carbons are really good and really cheap. Cheap as in $85 a wheel... If you can find them, some of the Shimano 525's that come OEM on many mid-level bikes work just as well as the XT's, and are dirt cheap. The Shimano Deore hydro's are great too.