Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went to a Beer Fest in Boulder after riding with a bunch of Monkee's once. Got so trashed I don't remember what I had, but it was good ( all that I tried). So yeah, nothing really to contribute, but boy did I puke my guts out the next day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Oh yeah!
We tried some kind of Ska beer in Durango once that rocked. (ska is all i remember from the label)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
most of what i tried when i've been out there sucks.

i bought some Avery IPA just for you, babycakes.

let's be clear on one thing, though...CO is certainly no NE or PacNW when it comes to delicious brewed products.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Bear Republic is a great brewery, and i like Lagunitas as well. not sure i can name another CA brewery which i drink on a regular basis.

btw, the Avery IPA kinda sucked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bear Republic is a great brewery, and i like Lagunitas as well. not sure i can name another CA brewery which i drink on a regular basis.
Stone? :disgust1:

btw, the Avery IPA kinda sucked.
Yah. The Maharaja Imperial IPA is passable, but even that isn't great.

Didn't you say you liked Hop Devil from Victory, though? If so, your taste is OFFICIALLY SUSPECT! :crazy:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
yeah, Stone's a solid choice.

Dogfish 60 and 90 imperial crush the Titan and Hercules.

in other words, my east coast beer beats on yr rocky mtn beer.

:banana:
Hogwash. I've had those brews and while they're pretty good, they're nowhere NEAR as good as Great Divide's IPA offerings. :disgust1:

Oh - and $10 for a 4-pack? Retarded.

You may drink all the overpriced Dogfish as far as I'm concerned.

Oh - my local liquor store started ordering cases of Titan. Because of me. :banana:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Hogwash. I've had those brews and while they're pretty good, they're nowhere NEAR as good as Great Divide's IPA offerings. :disgust1:

Oh - and $10 for a 4-pack? Retarded.

You may drink all the overpriced Dogfish as far as I'm concerned.
hey smart guy, what do you think the price of a 4 pk of Hercules is out here?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Long ago I came to the conclusion that when it comes to taste, most of the world knows jack squat. :plthumbsdown: :D
exactly... 'the bros' rating (ie, the beer advocate readers) gave Hercules a higher score than the dogfish...the editors @ BA gave it the correct and informed rating. :busted:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ummm... I think that Todd & Jason are "The Bros" and they are responsible for "The Bros" rating.

You're wrong unless I'm missing something... :think:
-SS- is correct.

After reading -SS- rave about the Titan IPA for so long, I tried it last year and I like it more than Dogfish 60, although I still put them both in my list of favorite IPA's (along with Hooker, Harpoon and Smuttynose).