Quantcast

Best day ever in my recent history!!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yesterday my offer for the property I had been looking at was accepted. As long as the septic system and utility pole are up to code the place will be mine in 30 days or less. Trailer living here I come!!! :)

So then I go into work showing my trailor pictures to anyone who will look... when my boss appears at my cubicle and askes me to join him for a "conversation". Usually he'll ask for a "visit" if there is something negative to discuss. He floored me with an offer that increased my earnings potential 109%!!! I accepted and start on July 3rd. :) :)

I've been in line for a promotion for the last few months, the kind of promotion that requires a serious long term commitment. I was not totally convinced that it was the right career path since a very large portion of the pay packet is based on your department sales performance and I would be hampered due to the fact that my current store is already at 150% of design capacity. I began to look for other opportunities outside the company and actually applied for a Dept of Correction post... (I was not selected as a candidate for reasons they do not disclose.) anyhow I was prepared for an offer of 20 to 25% and would have taken it gladly, the position in my store would have begun on Feb 1st 2007.

The position that I was offered is far better... my current store ranks #12 in volume for the district of 18 stores. My new postion is in the #3 volume store... in the world of retail this is a massive vote of confidence in my abilities.

To make a long story short... I'm trading in the Duster for a Pacer. :thumb:

And I am going to have a new chi-chi Serotta touring bike built with ALL the chi-chi crap I can think of, including carbon cranks. :oink:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Midge, that is awesome, congrats!!

Echo said:
I just use the Les Nesman approach to solve the problem of not having a door.

Congrats :thumb:
Wow, busting out the WKRP reference. You are old. I approve!

Take that:

But more importantly:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I have "moving on up from the cube farm to the actual office" envy, as I am a cubical dweller. Congrats on the promotion!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Westy said:
Cool beans. Same office location, with the commute?
Well... no. The commute will sucketh very much. :mad: Instead of Olympia I'll be working in Tacoma, all told - once I move - the commute will increase to 65 miles each way. I may need an apartment for the week. I have a temporary housing allowance so for now I will be staying in a Comfort Inn or something.

On the plus side - my house will be bought outright at fair market value. That rocks. :)

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Mr. 'mig congratulations on your promotion. There is life after IT after all. I'm glad you don't have to work at the prison. Are you going to leave the harbor?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Serial Midget said:
Yesterday my offer for the property I had been looking at was accepted. As long as the septic system and utility pole are up to code the place will be mine in 30 days or less. Trailer living here I come!!! :)

So then I go into work showing my trailor pictures to anyone who will look... when my boss appears at my cubicle and askes me to join him for a "conversation". Usually he'll ask for a "visit" if there is something negative to discuss. He floored me with an offer that increased my earnings potential 109%!!! I accepted and start on July 3rd. :) :)

I've been in line for a promotion for the last few months, the kind of promotion that requires a serious long term commitment. I was not totally convinced that it was the right career path since a very large portion of the pay packet is based on your department sales performance and I would be hampered due to the fact that my current store is already at 150% of design capacity. I began to look for other opportunities outside the company and actually applied for a Dept of Correction post... (I was not selected as a candidate for reasons they do not disclose.) anyhow I was prepared for an offer of 20 to 25% and would have taken it gladly, the position in my store would have begun on Feb 1st 2007.

The position that I was offered is far better... my current store ranks #12 in volume for the district of 18 stores. My new postion is in the #3 volume store... in the world of retail this is a massive vote of confidence in my abilities.

To make a long story short... I'm trading in the Duster for a Pacer. :thumb:

And I am going to have a new chi-chi Serotta touring bike built with ALL the chi-chi crap I can think of, including carbon cranks. :oink:
Congrats man! That's a killer raise!

Put all white carbon on that roadie and look like a true snob.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ummbikes said:
Mr. 'mig congratulations on your promotion. There is life after IT after all. I'm glad you don't have to work at the prison. Are you going to leave the harbor?
Yeah... Mason County, next best I guess. :rofl:

Its funny about IT; many guys I know can do it in their sleep but I was really struggling towards the end of my run. Working 18 hour days and never even leaving the office for 3 or 4 days at time. I've yet to complain about my schedule - its a cakewalk compared to the 90s.

Engh... you do what you do. :)

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Serial Midget said:
Yeah... Mason County, next best I guess. :rofl:

Its funny about IT; many guys I know can do it in their sleep but I was really struggling towards the end of my run. Working 18 hour days and never even leaving the office for 3 or 4 days at time. I've yet to complain about my schedule - its a cakewalk compared to the 90s.

Engh... you do what you do. :)
Hmm, I can do the techy IT bits in my sleep, all the admin **** (reporting, change control, time accounting) wastes 90% of my working time. Maybe I need a change too.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Serial Midget said:
Its not all that... no window. :rolleyes:
Hey, it's still 4 walls and a ceiling that are connected!

And you don't have to listen to your cube neighbor complaining all the time on the phone to her girlfriend because they discontinued her favorite style of $300 a pair jeans. :mumble: :mumble:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Women on my cube farm cannot afford $300.00 jeans... who buys that stuff??? :oink:

DH Diva said:
Hey, it's still 4 walls and a ceiling that are connected!

And you don't have to listen to your cube neighbor complaining all the time on the phone to her girlfriend because they discontinued her favorite style of $300 a pair jeans. :mumble: :mumble:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Serial Midget said:
Women on my cube farm cannot afford $300.00 jeans... who buys that stuff??? :oink:
One of my co-workers, that's who. And I'm not sure that she can exactly afford them either. She is a true shop-acholic. No other hobbies, just shopping, and talking about the clothes she bought....some days I would consider murder to have my own office just to not have to listen to her.