Quantcast

Best DH in the state

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Too bad you have to ride to it. :thumb:
Doing the annual loop up Maverick Saddle to Mad Lake and Down Chikamin Tie(the Best) to Chikamin and then Chiwawa back to the car. 49 miles, more than 5K of climbing, and 8 awesome hours in the saddle. I think this calls for Lycra. The good Italian kind.
I'll take a few if anyone here is interested. Big day. Be prepared to spend the night if you have to. Steady pace required or we won't make it by dark.
This Saturday 9 a.m. AIS.
Post ride homemade chocolate shakes at the 59er Diner back at Coles Corner!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
That sounds like a pretty good ride Borneo. I have had this weekend penciled in for a long time-back to Winthrop for the Mountain Bike Festival. Is the trail pretty smooth for your ride? You know me, I dont like rocks! Anyway it looks like this is probably the last good weekend of the year for an epic. Its starting to get cold over here-its down to freezing this morning. Better bring a couple of lights also.

KM

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
This saturday Ill be doing the best DH in the world.... well, at least north america.....

WHISTLER!

No lycra, Little climbing, 6hrs in the saddle.....

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I was coming home from a ride at St. Ed's last night when up the hill comes a group of roadies...one of which was wearing a FULL BODY PINK LYCRA SUIT

I almost lost control of my vehicle I was dry heaving so violently...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
oly said:
7hrs? Man you drive slow........

we are leaving seattle 6am tomorrow morn. Will be there by 10-10:30
Hahaha - dear God, no...7hrs. until we are leaving Seattle. Believe you me, nobody can go fast enough to get there...NOBODY!:)

Sweet, sounds like you'll be hitting the lifts about the time we wrap up our first run.

I'll be sporting pretty much the same threads/helmet as I have posted on the PacNW PICS thread.

Oh yeah...WOO-HOO!!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Let's see. About the time you're loading the lift, I'll be at Maverick Saddle. Hey D, how about we both get a pic of ourselves at straight up noon? I'll probably be almost to the lake by then around Blue Creek Meadow.
It's a damn shame, I know. I never made it to Whistler this summer. Going in February though with the little rippers and the other wifey.
Borrego, Yeah, it's rocky. Chikamin Tie is like the technical version of Devil's Gulch. Super fast and sketchy with more obstacles and, "turn or you'll die" features.
Plus, an awesome wide scree field that's a true challenge to clean. Not matter how much travel you have.

No doubt you guys will be having that forst brew before I'll dive into that chocolate shake. But, they are worth it and even better after a full day in the saddle.
Enjoy the last good weekend of the summer, wherever you are...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borneo said:
Let's see. About the time you're loading the lift, I'll be at Maverick Saddle. Hey D, how about we both get a pic of ourselves at straight up noon? I'll probably be almost to the lake by then around Blue Creek Meadow.
It's a damn shame, I know. I never made it to Whistler this summer. Going in February though with the little rippers and the other wifey.
Borrego, Yeah, it's rocky. Chikamin Tie is like the technical version of Devil's Gulch. Super fast and sketchy with more obstacles and, "turn or you'll die" features.
Plus, an awesome wide scree field that's a true challenge to clean. Not matter how much travel you have.

No doubt you guys will be having that forst brew before I'll dive into that chocolate shake. But, they are worth it and even better after a full day in the saddle.
Enjoy the last good weekend of the summer, wherever you are...
OFF TOPIC!!! HEHE.... have a fun ride. Sounds real fun.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Just got back and am sittin' here checking mail.
What an awesome day! :thumb:

No mechanicals, fall colors everywhere and tacky, perfect trails for both control and speed. As usual, we got out just before dark. The temps were also perfect. Who knew this was October???

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borneo said:
Just got back and am sittin' here checking mail.
What an awesome day! :thumb:

No mechanicals, fall colors everywhere and tacky, perfect trails for both control and speed. As usual, we got out just before dark. The temps were also perfect. Who knew this was October???
I could almost post the same exact thing about whistler.... who knew it was october? IT was freaking hot!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yup. Those be them.

You can go to mtbr.com washington forums for a few good pics from the ride.
Might even recognize Mad lake and Chikamin Tie...