Quantcast

Best Diablo Vid

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I hit it by mistake 2 years ago, instead of turning i kept going straight.... landed right in the bushes..... almost died!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
it hurts ur neck when u hit turns, *trust me* i mean it pulls ur head HARD.

Yeah, that's b/c we were just messing around and my first version was a piece of PVC pipe counter weighted with a giant C-clamp. If you make one, use a piece of bamboo (like a ski mountain post) because it's much lighter and plenty strong.

Be careful if you use the reverse mount pole off your helmet because you have to make sure the pole releases from the helmet or snaps if you crash, otherwise YOU RISK BREAKING YOUR NECK.

I reccommend cutting the bamboo pole to the point that it is barely staying together, that way if you crash it rips off. Yes this will damage your cam, but their cheap now. I'd probably use a cheap Oregon (i think that's what it's called) Research cam. Unless there are high def helmet cams out now, but I think the best is still 720x480.

Anyway, be careful and have fun.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Holy Smokes that's probably the coolest thing I've seen in quite some time.
I can't WAIT for August to get here when I get to take my first trip to Diablo! Plus I'll be done with my board exams w00t!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Spin, lets create a Mountain Bike Video Channel on Vimeo......
That's fine with me. YOu can use anything I have on the public domain- I can render you a higher quality if you like. Not sure about what I'm making in the future b/c I have 2 kids now and good movies cost a lot of time and personal money. I didn't mind it in the past, but now that time and money comes from my kids.

I'll probably make 2 movies for the net this year and one big one for sale. Let me know what you want to do w/respect to the the channel. What movies do you have?