Quantcast

best drummer ever

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
hmm... yeah....

the old bald dude was pretty badass, and has some amazing skill and knowledge of music in general... as long as your into that kind of music.

here is a video i watched about 20 times in a row:

the song he's covering is awful, it's only made listenable by adding his drumming, no exceptions.
it isn't the most technical or challenging drumming, but the sheer force he hits the damn heads with is ridiculous!
still awesome IMHO....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Joey Baron is amazing. I love the stuff he did with Fred Frith.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
WOW, I started that video with my Buddy Rich trigger ready to be pulled, that was not what I was expecting. BMW+drum/horn/stand-up bass=awesome.

Thanks Timmay, you reminded me why I used to like music, seriously.:cheers:

----guppy
go ahead pull the Buddy Rich trigger! I saw him play 2 times, and although I was young, I was blown away, and it was something I won't forget!

I would add a few like
Calaiuta
Roger Humphries
just to name a few!

I just can't ever say.... "THIS IS THE BEST" no matter what, I can't back myself into a corner like that! I think there are a lot of drummers out there that I look to for inspiration and all for different reasons!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
he's playin' with his hands....give me a break.

you're gonna tell me that guy is a better drummer (technically-wise, and in TODAY'S world, not 1961), than the majority of drummers for metal bands? Dragonforce, Lamb of God, Darkest Hour, August Burns Red, God Forbid, Avenged Sevenfold?....I could go on and on....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

you're gonna tell me that guy is a better drummer (technically-wise, and in TODAY'S world, not 1961), than the majority of drummers for metal bands? Dragonforce, Lamb of God, Darkest Hour, August Burns Red, God Forbid, Avenged Sevenfold?....I could go on and on....
You do not, can not, and will not get it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Yes, he is. You fail at life (and music selection).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

As a huge fan of most of the bands listed, I can assure you that you are, indeed, a moron.

As far as the "hands" comment.......watch the vid again.
Bass roll with single pedal > bass roll with double pedal and triggers.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

praise be to allah you stopped while you were behind.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
wow, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but did the guy with the "I <3 Harry Potter" title just tell ME i'm a moron?.... what are you, like 14? i mean, doing a bass roll with a single pedal is insane, don't get me wrong, but i doubt you had to bust out the 'moron' comment. and if you were truly a fan of any new metal, i don't think you'd disagree. maybe it's just me, but i find it hard to compare drumming in the 60's to anything from the past 2.5 decades. those should just be kept in seperate categories....it's a totally different genre.

geez i mean just because i don't have the same taste in 60's drummers doesn't really warrant being called a moron i think...or that 'i suck at life' for that matter. i'm almost positive, that with my reptuation, if i even hinted that someone else was a moron, or told someone they 'suck at life' i'd more than likely be punished severely. gotta love that.
guess i don't spend enough time on the computer to be accepted as 'cool' here. what a bummer!

i've got a pretty d@mn eclectic taste in music i believe, but very little of it, if any, involves anything from the 60's. maybe some Hank Williams or something but that'd be about it. did the Talking Heads put anything out in the 60's?

Transcend: aim high, little man, aim high.

EDIT: holy fark. listened to a little bit of Rush, but never paid much attention to their drummer, i had no idea he was a friggin' maniac. Neil Peart = Animal. 2:18 of
is rid-d@mn-diculous. the whole video was mind opening!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
wow, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but did the guy with the "I <3 Harry Potter" title just tell ME i'm a moron?.... what are you, like 14? i mean, doing a bass roll with a single pedal is insane, don't get me wrong, but i doubt you had to bust out the 'moron' comment. and if you were truly a fan of any new metal, i don't think you'd disagree. maybe it's just me, but i find it hard to compare drumming in the 60's to anything from the past 2.5 decades. those should just be kept in seperate categories....it's a totally different genre.

geez i mean just because i don't have the same taste in 60's drummers doesn't really warrant being called a moron i think...or that 'i suck at life' for that matter. i'm almost positive, that with my reptuation, if i even hinted that someone else was a moron, or told someone they 'suck at life' i'd more than likely be punished severely. gotta love that.
guess i don't spend enough time on the computer to be accepted as 'cool' here. what a bummer!

i've got a pretty d@mn eclectic taste in music i believe, but very little of it, if any, involves anything from the 60's. maybe some Hank Williams or something but that'd be about it. did the Talking Heads put anything out in the 60's?

Transcend: aim high, little man, aim high.
As a drummer, I'm sure if I sat down with someone like Chris from Lamb of God and asked him, he would have mass amounts of respect for Joe Morello, as would any drummer on the fvcking planet.

Any drummer with half a brain would regard Morello as a master. Nothing less.

Some artists have talent and expertise that goes beyond genre.