Quantcast

Best flat pedals that come with long pins

fullmoto

Chimp
Apr 30, 2010
hey guys looking into some new flat pedals.. whats good? and what come with nice long pins?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i love my atomlabs, which you can't get anymore, but I have my eye on burgtec penthouse flats for if/when the ALs bite the dust.

(The pedals I have are not the same as the current model).

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
I've been super happy with my Point One pedals.They don't have super long pins,but they're sticky...even more so then the Straitlines I came off of.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
tioga mX have long pins...too long for me,one of my buddys had a pair and the pins stuck into my shoe and felt odd, but if thats what you are looking for?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Syncros Mentals or Crux. Long, v-grooved pins hungry for your sole. Comes with short (shown) or long pins. Wear yer guards.

My legs have scars for life from these things... I finally took the pins to the bench grinder so I wouldn't get butchered. (Most cases, just standing in the lift line. :rant:)

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
My legs have scars for life from these things... I finally took the pins to the bench grinder so I wouldn't get butchered. (Most cases, just standing in the lift line. :rant:)
Oh, I hear you. I 'retired' my Alloys to my trailbike (running the Mags now) - - and I do believe I'm going to tame them down a bit just like you did. They're a bit much for more casual use.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Oh, I hear you. I 'retired' my Alloys to my trailbike (running the Mags now) - - and I do believe I'm going to tame them down a bit just like you did. They're a bit much for more casual use.
Yeah Pins are not so good sometimes, talked to Lance today and Bender has 22 stitches in his leg from the crampon attacking him after going over this weekend...:eek:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
super grippy, MOAR grip then most but very average quality, I have sold over 10 pairs through my shop and half have play in them after 1 month of riding
That surpirses me, I havent had any issues and alot of other guys I know rocking them havent had issues..
Maybe its because the earth spins counter clockwise where your at and they are backing out. Ill tell Chris to make clockwise threads! :D :thumb:

That surpirses me, I havent had any issues and alot of other guys I know rocking them havent had issues..
Maybe its because the earth spins counter clockwise where your at and they are backing out. Ill tell Chris to make clockwise threads! :D :thumb:

:rofl:

I'm talking about the very quick wear in the bushes, nothing wrong with the pins, if anything too gripy.

They get a couple of mm movement and when you spin the pedal you get a vibrating noise like on a cheap pair of wellgo's, shame for a pricey pedal. My Dangerboys that must be 2 + years old are like new, battle scared but spin quietly and free.

Maybe we just ride to hard in NZ :thumb:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Travis, do you know what's going on with the Canfield pedals? I tried the website, but it is no longer listed in the webstore. Thanks.
last i heard they were revamping the cramptons

cheap and good are Deity Decoys

but my Point 1 podiums are the best pedal i have ridden hands down!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Eric had told me May 3rd at one point, then last month he said mid-May. My bud just contacted him and heard the new stuff is pushed back to June. Must have a set of the new pedals and a Topsoil bar.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Eric had told me May 3rd at one point, then last month he said mid-May. My bud just contacted him and heard the new stuff is pushed back to June. Must have a set of the new pedals and a Topsoil bar.
Bummer, I can hold out on the pedals till June if need be but I probably can't wait that long for the cranks. Looks like I'll be getting the Saints after all. The pedals (well, all the stuff) looks like it will be worth the wait.

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
I purchased HT flats off of ebay that are sick. Even my friend that works at Intense, asked me about them. They look alot like the Diety, Answer, and Superstar offerings.... I wouldnt be suprised if they were the ones manufacturing for those guys.

I'll post a pic when I get a minute..... best thing is they are only $49!