Quantcast

best fork for the yakuza

cantaffordit

Chimp
Sep 5, 2005
hey i was just wondering what the best fork for the yakuza aniki. preferably triple crown and between the price range of $350-400. thanks a bunch guys

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Probably any fork with around 170 mm of travel, so it is balanced with the rear. I have a stance kingpin off my kamichu that is brand new if you want to upgrade, 225 and its yours. But if you want your dream fork or something, it depends what kinda riding you wanna do with it. 888RC's are good, stay away from the VF.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
wood-dog said:
why stay away from the VF? I was thinking about getting one..... it has to be better then a kingpin!
Nope, the damping is actually a lot worse on the VF than the Kingpins TPC.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
second that opinion. i met someone who bought a 2005 Big Hit, only to have to send the fork back for a new lower casting. He replaced it with a 2001 Monster T, which I believe was SSVF valving...

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the monster has always had HSVF dampaning. which is one of the best system on the market. too bad marzocchi seem to be fazing it out of their line-up

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Yes, the monsters were bad arse, great damping system. The kingpin is actually a good fork, it has the same damping system on it that the exact same TPC+ damping system that the dorado has.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i didnt do that... i remembered seeing a thread here with a bunch of pics like that. so i did a search and found it.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Grizzle said:
Probably any fork with around 170 mm of travel, so it is balanced with the rear. I have a stance kingpin off my kamichu that is brand new if you want to upgrade, 225 and its yours. But if you want your dream fork or something, it depends what kinda riding you wanna do with it. 888RC's are good, stay away from the VF.

thats pretty funny... recomending a kingpin while advising this guy to stear clear of the 888vf

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Mattoid said:
thats pretty funny... recomending a kingpin while advising this guy to stear clear of the 888vf
A kingpin will preform as well as a VF, for around half the price, so yes, i would recommend a kingpin over a VF. The kingpin uses the same damping system as the dorado, like i stated earlier.