Quantcast

"Best" Galbraith line?

teddypower

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
Erik, I saw those glasses and put them on a stump. I noticed they were all scratched up like someone rode them over. I should have grabbed them and posted it on ridegalbraith. Sorry.

ted

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Dude,
I was up there again today, and walked Kaiser twice. What stump did you put them on, and where? I'll go up again tomorrow morning! I have new lenses, I just want the frames!
What do you ride?
PS
Thanks for spelling my name right!

In order to contribute to the thread, in my search for my glasses today, I found a new trail. It connects Keystone Road to Kaiser. I am also having trouble making out all the trails on the clearcut N of the Towers. Seems like there's a maze of them...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I was up there a couple weeks ago and I must say that place has transformed big-time since I was there two years ago. We hit up 911, Evolution, Cheech & Chong and whatever was just below that. Evolution left the biggest impression on me, but those other trails were tight as well. Keep up the e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t work!:cheers:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
That's the best news.

Setting a good precedence so that we can get some of that stuff closer to the greater Seattle area that will last.

I thought Trillium was freaking out about 3 footers and it's very cool to see that they are allowing "measly" 8 footers now. That just goes to show how good the relationship between the land owners and the WHIMPS is. Yes, major kudos to everyone busting their ass up tehre to change some minds and continue the EVOlution.

teddypower

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
Erik,
It was on a stump after the only tree in the clearcut on the ridge trail. Hopefully nobody took them and I ride a Raleigh Phase 1 5X5.
Ted

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I'll go walk up the ridge today. At least it doesn't have to be another 10 mile look just to get to the sunglasses, my legs are getting tired. Walking up there takes a lot more effort than riding does.
As for you and your bike, were you riding with a guy on a Klein? I saw a bike that looked like a 5 Spot ride by me on some trail that I've yet to figure out the name of. It connects Keystone Road to the Towers, eventually. If so, I was the dude on foot, probably the only one. Were you going up for a night ride?

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I just got back, and no sunglasses. I am guessing some idiot took them, thinking that someone left them in such an obvious place as a stump because they didn't want them anymore.
"Look! A gift from the gods!"
No, my idiotic friend, people leave things on stumps for the original owner to find.
Oh well, if I can't get them back, then I'll just go without for a while...

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Erik it sounds like the trail you're talking about is the new one that just got cut this summer. I heard the plan was to have a freeride trail that connects Evo to Cheech and Chongs. I've ridden it twice so far this year and it still needs alot of work to be a fun trail. I think the builders were waiting for some rain before doing more work, so hopefully things will get going again on it soon.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Erik it sounds like the trail you're talking about is the new one that just got cut this summer. I heard the plan was to have a freeride trail that connects Evo to Cheech and Chongs. I've ridden it twice so far this year and it still needs alot of work to be a fun trail. I think the builders were waiting for some rain before doing more work, so hopefully things will get going again on it soon.
Yes, rain is needed to get a trail done right. Summer just isnt the time to build a trail, but they did, and now they only need to finish it off (I havent seen it in a while though, so I dont know how it is looking these days).

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Umm, there's a fire road that you ride your bike up. It's not too steep at all, and most people with a DH bike should be able to pedal it. If not, we won't make fun of you for walking. Heck, that's all I've been doing these days, maybe we can walk it together! Unless you're tight with the trailbuilders that happen to have a key to the gate, you get to ride. It's good for you anyway :)

Sep 30, 2006
great thread. i'm heading up tomorrow afternoon and spending the night in Bham so i can get in two days of riding at Galby. looking forward to checking out SST, Evo, 911, and whatever else looks like fun.

now if we can only get some trails like that closer to seattle.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Yea the climb with a DH bike isn't that bad.
i did it on my m3 and it took me 45 min. hiking a lot and riding flats or slight uphills.
And is it just me or is dans trail a bit of a let down?
it was supposed to be a freeride trail and there weren't really any jumps just an old skinny and some sketchy logs.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
i did it on my m3 and it took me 45 min. hiking a lot and riding flats or slight uphills.
And is it just me or is dans trail a bit of a let down?
it was supposed to be a freeride trail and there weren't really any jumps just an old skinny and some sketchy logs.
I think you missed a turn, there's a left just past Luge that puts you on a trail I've heard called 'The Sh!t'. Not many more jumps on it, but its fast and fun - but you wouldn't have seen that old skinny if you'd hit that trail.

I'll give you that Dan's/The ****/Jaws (likely the trail you ended up on) are not of the same caliber of EVO/Cheech, but it sure beats riding the road down.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Thanks! Don't mean to be a whiner, but I wanted to make sure it was doable with a full DH bike. I've been spoiled by going to Whistler 8X this summer.

I'll give Galby a try tomorrow though--its much closer than Whistler.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
911 has a huge long skinny in the trees, then just after the skinny there is a little drop and a jump out into a clear cut, you cut sideways along the edge of the cut and then a nice right hander out into the clear, sweeping corners, jumps etc and yeah there is a rock(group of them) you can ride up and them more jumps them spill onto the road. its kinda short...but fun.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
although someone should take out that log across the trail before the berm.....
No my friend, someone should not remove said log. If we remove all the obstacles that make the trail challenging, it won't be much fun. You can make the jump just fine, I have seen it done many times, and this was before they rebuilt it. It is better to improve your skills and take the right line and work the log properly than it is to remove it. Then we'd have just a jump trail, and that would be pretty boring. SST is fun because there are jumps AND obstacles.

Someone did some sweet work on Bob's too, not sure when as I haven't ridden it in some time, but good job! Probably Bob... :) Now if someone would just cut a trail that starts where Naughty Nellie ends and doesn't go through the forest and the creek (dry) crossing, but instead just went from NN to the top of Darrel's, that would be awesome! I'm not sure if the geography makes that possible, but it seems to be net downhill, so it would seem possible. It would be a great place to have another trail, and really improve the trail network as far as connectability is concerned.

GoatCX

Chimp
Oct 13, 2006
Point taken Kellison... i guess it would be boring just flowin down without obstacles.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
There's nothing wrong with flowy jump trails but I don't think that was the intention of SST. I think Erik is holding a grudge against flowy jump trails at the moment. :)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
It's not possible to build from NN to the top of the wall, for the reason you said. There is the stream that goes through Keystone, and the one that goes through Oly between the two places. I really like Keystone and Oly though. In the future an optional route will be to ride down Devilcross (from the end of NN) and then a bit of road down and up, and then ride another trail that is not built yet, to the V trail, which leads out to the top of SST, which is looking mighty fine!