Quantcast

Best Hardtail Freeride Bike

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
I kinda like mine, Dvo, yours is what mine would have looked like if I had more monies. Is yours a regular? Mine's a long, and it's way long, 23.5 inch top tube if I remember correctly. Still an amazing bike, I just wonder how the shorter frame would have felt. I don't have a camera so a new pic is out of the question right now. Changes from this picture include:
-ODI Ruffians instead of the poop Yeti ones.
-Straitline pedals and bar caps, X-ray color.
-Stem lower on steerer.

I give you, my hardtail:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90760&d=1173758864

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Thanks....Some day I'll try and get some action shots on it. Just never have a camera when going to the skate park, or out on urban. I'll try and bring one next time.

rid3HB

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
ya im new here so ill start off with posting my 05 iron horse yakuza chimpira.

03 sherman flick
speed v saddle
forte loco front rim

no huge upgrades

markhammond77

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
So far nice pics. HBF and rid3 great. Please keep posting pics so that this thread can be used for referance when buying a new bike. My pic will be up soon.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Awesome bikes all the way around. And 1453, I love the Shiver SC; they look absolutely sick on hardtails.

When my new-to-me .243 is back from the shop (probably Monday or maybe this weekend), I'll contribute some pics of my own...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Mmmmm, Peyto.

Goes anywhere.

All day high country epics, it's even been to Keystone a couple times with my old Z-150 on the front.

It's had as large as a 2.7" Intense DH tire in back, though the granny wasn't really useable with that. Can take up to a 7" fork, though it feels best so far in everyday use with a Pike up front.

Nothing even remotely as impressive as slugman's pics. Oh well. I still love riding this bike.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
After waiting forever for a part I had to order, I've finally got my .243. It's built up with a Z-150, Profile cranks, and other assorted strong and really heavy parts. I'll snap some photos once I figured out what on earth is wrong with the camera software.