Quantcast

Best Headline of the Day

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
TSA may allow sharp objects on airliners

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10258342/

You can dicuss the article if you want but I laughed out loud at that headline for some reason. Plus on the page its in red....

Then this wasn't so funny..

‘Running with blood’
However, many flight attendants do not believe sharp objects should be allowed on board. They argue that even though such items would not enable another Sept. 11, 2001-style hijacking, the items could be used as weapons against passengers or flight-crew members. "TSA needs to take a moment to reflect on why they were created in the first place -- after the world had seen how ordinary household items could create such devastation," said Corey Caldwell, spokeswoman for the Association of Flight Attendants, which has more than 46,000 members. "When weapons are allowed back on board an aircraft, the pilots will be able to land the plane safety but the aisles will be running with blood."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:

You can dicuss the article if you want but I laughed out loud at that headline for some reason. Plus on the page its in red....

LOL!

I just posted this in the Lounge... didn't occure to me that it would be in here too... :D

Delete this baby and have fun in the one "upstairs."

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
DRB said:

Seriously how long do you think a terrorist could stay alive these days if he busted out with a box cutter or a plane and tried anything?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
golgiaparatus said:
Seriously how long do you think a terrorist could stay alive these days if he busted out with a box cutter or a plane and tried anything?
That's a good point. Now that we know what their plans are, they would get a harsh beat down...and everyone on the plane would enjoy it...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
golgiaparatus said:
frankly, I don't know how they succeeded in the first place. I know not everyone has martial training and don't necessarily know how to disarm someone with a small sharp weapon, but, well, I don't.

But yeah, no way will sharp objects be an issue again for a hijacking.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
LordOpie said:
frankly, I don't know how they succeeded in the first place. I know not everyone has martial training and don't necessarily know how to disarm someone with a small sharp weapon, but, well, I don't.

But yeah, no way will sharp objects be an issue again for a hijacking.
The thing is that no one would have realised that the intention was to crash the plane. Previously all hijackings had let to a ground standoff. Therefore you'd wait until you landed before tackling them, or until it was truly necessary, trying something in mid-air would have seemed risky.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
DRB said:
Who wants to be the one that gets the scissors in the eye?

Or how about that 7" phillips head screwdriver?
I suck as a martial artist and I could've done it. There has to be at least a million* americans that can kick my ass. You'd think that some of them would've been on the planes.

* none of them study TKD ;)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
when are they going to allow us to leave our friggin shoes on?

no ****. when i fly i wear my stinkiest shoes, my skate shoes. i love taking them off and watching people put their hands in side them to check for bombs. it's almost like stick palm. you'll never get that smell off.