Quantcast

Best ISIS bottom bracket?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Hi all,

My friend recently hooked me up with a set of Truvativ stylo's in decent condition. Apparently he's in the process of disposing of everything ISIS on his bikes. I can't blame him. Anyway, I'm keeping the cranks for my project singlespeed because the cranks and the rest of the drivetrain was free. So please spare me the suggestions of filing away the Truvativ stuff in the circular file cabinet. Thanks.

The problem - the bb he gave me a s****e. Is there an ISIS bb out there that you wouldn't hesitate to suggest? American classic?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
SKF seems to be the best thing going and I tried them all. I went through 2 FSA, 2 Am Classic, and 4 sets of bearings on an FRM before calling it quits with ISIS.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SKF if you want to be spendy, FSA if not...I wouldn't trust an AC anything as far as I can throw it (from seeing build quality on the stuff they make). I'm willing to throw down ten bucks they get their bearings from FSA anyway.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
My FSA is in it's 4th season with no complaints. I may not ride as often as some, but I ride in a lot of slop. I know people complain about ISIS, but I'm happy with my setup.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Good suggestions guys. I actually have a first gen truvativ isis bb running on my hardtail that's still as smooth as the day I bought it (2000). Granted it's only seen about 5 years of action, but it's on crankset number 3 and still going strong. Too bad they don't make them like that anymore.

FSA or SKF. Can you guys suggest a specific model? Price and models range quite a bit, and I've been out of the bb game too long to know if something is good or ish.

Again, thanks for all of your help guys.