Quantcast

(Best) Knee Braces

Chimp
Oct 9, 2009
Riding a computer desk.
I bought my Asterisk braces for skiing but have since began using them for riding as well. They took a bit of getting used to and are pricey as hell (550$) but my knees feel like they are protected by fort knox. Having had ACL surgery and 2 broken patella's I no longer want to risk it. Be warned though, some motocross racers refuse to use them because they can lead to broken femurs. Link

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
I've been looking for a while to getting a brace for my knee.

The one Fabien Barel uses looks pretty stable, and it served him well.
Although I cant find where to get one...
The name printed on it says 'KENNY'

check it out in this vid

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i have been using a custom fitted carbon knee brace from a company called Merzendorfer for the last 6 years (snow boarding and biking) worked fairly well
it is pricy though (approx 2000 Euros) my health insurance paid for the brace...

next year i will have to get a new one
this time i will go for a K-Com brace from Ortema

www.ortema.de

they offer knee braces designed for MotoX which should work for biking.
available from 450 euro up to 2000...

top_dog

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
Fabien uses a CTi. I'm looking for a brace at the moment, after an ACL reconstruction earlier this year.

Re. breaking femurs, for DH I don't think it'd be an issue, but for moto I can see how it could happen. Your ankle can't flex, your knee can't flex, so something has to give; either a bone or your hip presumably. I think, having broken plenty of bones (not legs though) and ****ed my knee, I'd rather break bones.

I'm tempted to go a CTi, definitely for the dodgy knee, and maybe one for the good one as well.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Thanks for the input from everyone!
Any thoughts on the design of the 661 braces?
My knees aren't horrible right now, so I think it'll work fine
and the team discount doesn't hurt either putting them in them in a very low price range in comparison to the other ones

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
honestly the new 2010 fox POD knee braces are THE BEST off the shelf braces ive ever tried. fairly good price compared to the cti and don joy options as well. I like them alot better than the astrix.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I want a cti but after reading about the Fox ones, might give that a try.
Not really going to use it for DH but mostly for motocross because I have a habit of twisting my knees and have previous knee injuries.