Quantcast

best local wheel builder?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
black sunshine said:
my rear rim needs to be replaced so i was going to trash every thing but the hubs. so i need someone who can order every thing and build them.

thanks steve.
Scott at Bike Works 425/334-7812. His shop is up in Lake Stevens, a drive but well worth it :)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Scott at Bike Works! :) :) What can I say! He supports the Speedy Beavers!!! :thumb: (not to mention wheel building is his specialty)

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
since your in Kent, You can run down to Tacoma and have Tory at Old Town build it.(He has built all my wheels.Plus he cuts his spokes) I also hear there is a decnet wheel builder at SBS now. Contact Center Cycle for info on that.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
DO it yourself, it's fun. Wheels you build are also stronger. Don't ask why, maybe it's the love. But my 400g rim with DB spokes and alloy nips on an 32 hole xt hub long outlasted my WTB dual dutys with 14ga and brass nips. It seems I destroy anything machine built.
I have built
4 wheels
and done lot's of repairs/replacements
And only killed one of them landing sideways on a xc bike.
I have owned 7 machine built ones.
I destroyed 3 of them, which were heavier/burlier than my handbuilt ones, and ridden the same IMO.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
There are several good builders in the area but if I was to take a fresh set of wheels and go directly out and race them, Scott at Bikeworks hands down. He builds them, you ride them, no worries......the best. :thumb: :thumb: :evil:

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
Five said:
I would say Scott at Bikeworks too, but man that would be a haul for you.

BTW - how ya feelin? elbow, legs, etc.

ok, i got the bike in working order for now and did some sprints tuesday, but the whole bike felt wrong (crooked/bent). i may need to disassemble the whole thing.

thanks for all the help everyone.

the wheels will be chris king hubs, ti spokes (3 diffrent lengths), alloy nipples, 3 cross, 24x1.75 sun rhynolite xl rims. i have the hubs.

i would like 5 extra spokes of each length and a few extra nipples.

can anyone P.M. me a quote please.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
black sunshine said:
ok, i got the bike in working order for now and did some sprints tuesday, but the whole bike felt wrong (crooked/bent). i may need to disassemble the whole thing.

thanks for all the help everyone.

the wheels will be chris king hubs, ti spokes (3 diffrent lengths), alloy nipples, 3 cross, 24x1.75 sun rhynolite xl rims. i have the hubs.

i would like 5 extra spokes of each length and a few extra nipples.

can anyone P.M. me a quote please.
I take it you want this done by next weekends SCR's right? Good to hear you're doing ok.