Quantcast

best looking downhill frame

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i was checking out some pictures lately, and remebering the old school frames...
some seriously cool frames back then...

- specialized fsr dh team
- 2003 foes mono dhs
- 2002 intense m1

whats your take on the best looking dh frames ever???

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I like the sunday for how clean/simple it looks. It's an 8" frame that almost looks like a traditional double-diamond bike frame- pretty amazing.

Current frames, that zerode is pretty bad ass, taking it one step further without the dewrangler hangin' off of it!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
silencer, for sure.

zerode is right up there too for clean elegant design.

of course for sheer artistic awesomeness, I'd say the m9 lahar, but I'm probably in a pretty small camp.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Superco
RaceLink
Lahar
Zerode
My raw Katipo(this frame's for sale(in OZ), making room for my Zerode.
That beat high pivot gearbox Nicolai that never saw the light f day a decade ago.

For non DH, some nice Ti frame, Black Sheep or other.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I Lusted after these back in the day, especially in the Team Maxxis colours..

I love the clean lines of the Turner though, all the tubes are balanced and the lines of the frame just flow.. It gets my vote..

Last edited:

ramstein-dh

Chimp
Feb 18, 2011
There are a few i really like

1. Cortina DH8
2. Keewee cromo 8
3. Dark cycles scarab
4. Mountain cycle shockwave
5. Richi zwosh
6. Strom H2 DH
7. Brooklyn race link
8. Superco silencer
9. Tomac 204 magnum
10. Karpiel disco volante

Not in pecking order but i love the look and style of all of these frames and have owned 2 , 3 , 4 , and 6 wish i never sold any of them but time moves on.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
A buddy of mine just picked one of those frames up. Now he is in search of the fork? Anybody? My votes = Sunn, Cortina, and the Palmer.
I don't want to sound like a jackass, but I would toss that and get another frame. Specialized has learned alot since that frame came out. My two biggest complaint were:
-How flexy the thing was ( and I am not a heavyweight). I snapped many chains which I attribute to this.
-How the dropouts were angled at a 45 degree angle so when you were really cranking, you could rip the rear wheel out while riding.

My list in no particular order:
Honda test bike
Zerode
Canfield Brothers Jedi
Balfa BB7
Intense M1
Superco silencer
And finally there's a wilson bike picture out there showing of a gold-colored wilson bike on top of a green hill. Forget what it is, but it is a lovely picture.

BMW made some interesting frames too.