Quantcast

Best Mexican food in Denver?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There's a few, depends on what you like. Here's what I dig...

Benny's (Pretty Americanized but friggin' tasty... 7th and Grant)
El Taco de Mexico (Like nothing else I've ever tried, and amazing. 7th and Santa Fe)
Little Anita's (New Mexican style, there's one on Colorado and one on 13th and Kalamath)
Tacos Junior (Crazy good taqueria style, Federal and Jewell, bright green and yellow place can't miss it)
Senor Burrito's (Not bad Mexican, quick style, 1st and Broadway)
Chubby's (Fast and sloppy gut bomb style, super hot green chile and drowned in cheese if that's how you like it, a Denver institution. Lots of locations, I prefer the one on 38th)

That's all I can think of right now, I'll add more if I think of any later. What are you in D-Town for?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'll be staying near the Fillmore Aud., at the Ramada. I'm actually flying in on Monday and staying with a friend in Longmont Mon. and Tues.. We're seeing a concert at the Fillmore on Halloween and decided to get a room in the city rather than try to drive back to Longmont after the show...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
D'oh! I can't believe I forgot Jack n' Grill on Federal and 26th! New Mexican style frikkin awesomeness! Was there Friday night, had the Carne Adovada plate with a couple of fried eggs added on top... SO delicious!

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Why? Because the Mexicans that come here don't cook as well as the ones who go to California?

Dude, there may not be as many places as Cali but there is without a quality Mexican in Colo

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I missed out on the Mexican in Denver and opted for burgers at the City Grille instead!!! Sooooo good!!! :drool: And if you're in there and see Julie behind the bar ( :drool: ) tell her the crazy NY'er says hello! ;)

Chimp
Jul 2, 2007
Denver, CO
El Taco De Mexico, all day every day.

nicknamed Brain Tacos, as they used to offer brains as a filling in either tacos or burritos. after mad cow, no more brains. but chicken, lots of chicken, and cheeksmeat as well.

GOTTA get at least one taco a la carte, but you also GOTTA try the burrito as well.

super duper mega turbo amazing, and i am assuming authentic.

cash only at Brain Tacos. 7th and Santa Fe, everyone should try it once.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I will be in the Cherry Creek neighborhood near University of Denver this weekend. Is there any good Mexican around there.

Thanks