Quantcast

Best month to visit Italy?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Not in Dublin it doesn't. The trains were clean and on time. We didn't take the busses since we walked, but saw them everywhere. The driving was insane, as Narlus said. It was the only place I decided not to drive. But it was OK since the taxis (which could sometimes be an adventure themselves) were everywhere.
I'll defer to your recent experience. We took public transport for 11 days on our Irish tour and found it to be sub-par overall. Of course, we'd just spent 3 months on the continent where the trains were, for the most part, fantastic.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Transcend said:
And rent it online before you go. We saved probably 35% by doing this! And try and get a fiat punta. Amazing little car with a huge amount of getup and go, and small enough to push around town though traffic.
Also make sure that you know what you are renting. "By the mile" contracts are very popular over in Europe.

And renault 6-speed diesels also haul ass.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I was amazed at how far we went on a tank of gas on the little punto. We drove from milan to Livigno and back with a HUGE detour and only had to put 3/4 of a tank in when we got back!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Motionboy2 said:
I was amazed at how far we went on a tank of gas on the little punto. We drove from milan to Livigno and back with a HUGE detour and only had to put 3/4 of a tank in when we got back!
That's what we were amazed by.......... we had a Dihatsu tin can of some sort and that goddam car would go hundreds upon hundreds of miles and still have a half tank left.