Quantcast

Best mountain brand for a beginner?

Feb 1, 2017
Hello guys my name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am an assistant working in a publishers office for over a decade already. Just want to ask the experts around here on what brand of mountain bike is best for a beginner?

worren

Chimp
Sep 27, 2017
Providing a price range will allow others to provide better recommendations.

Aug 5, 2018
I started off with a Trek Fuel hartail, figured out I wanted a full suspension so I got a Gravity FSX. I got the Trek for free via storage auctions with my dad and bought the FSX from a guy for 200 bucks. So I spent about 300 bucks total my first 8 years of riding, just got a Santa Cruz Bronson this year and it's exactly what I've always wanted! You can find really good bikes for cheap, just start out with a hardtail. Diamondback and Trek make excellent hardtails.

Taylor_25

Chimp
Nov 7, 2017
Olympia, WA
You can start with any bike, since when you start, you get your own opinion on what you like, what you don't like about your bike and what you are missing. This will help you make the right decision and move to the next bike, which you most likely will find not suitable due to some reason, but you will better know what you need for better experience.