Quantcast

Best pay as you go SIM with 3G?

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
Hi guys,

Another year and another trip to lovely San Francisco. This year I wanted to get a pay as you go SIM card with 3G while I'm there. What are the best options? (am staying for a week btw)

Thanks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Us carriers dont sell prepaid sims like europe does. You can get a prepaid phone. Look into options from at&t or verizion. Sprint and t mobile are your other options.

When you say 3g, are you looking for data in addition to voice and text?

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
Us carriers dont sell prepaid sims like europe does. You can get a prepaid phone. Look into options from at&t or verizion. Sprint and t mobile are your other options.

Yep, looking for data also.

Def not getting a phone for just a week. Looks like its back to wifi hunting :D

Thanks.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

You can still use the prepaid phone sim with any unlocked phone with compatible 3G band. Go to Target/Best Buy/Walmart or similar store and buy the cheapest ATT GoPhone they sell ($10) + whatever amount of minutes you want to start with. Instead of using the cheap GoPhone, put the GoPhone SIM in your regular unlocked phone and activate it on the prepaid plan you want. Works fine.

My sister did this for her unlocked Nokia when she visited the US earlier in the year.