Quantcast

Best place in Santa Barbara for students

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
i'm planning to spend the summer in santa barbara or around it, just wondering where the best place would be for 21 year old students looking for somewhere fun but with job opportunities? any help/advice would be great.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
You should live in Isla Vista. It's just 1 square mile of just college kids. Rent is expensive though. Downtown SB is nice though if you are 21.

Getting a job could be easy or really hard depending on when you get here/what you want to do.

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
yeah we've been looking at some apts in isla vista, struggling to find a 3 bedroom within our price range though. Is the beach nice there?

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
Yeah, sharing rooms is the name of the game in IV unless you have over a $1000 a month for rent. I'd hold off a couple more weeks, maybe even until March for housing. Check the local craigslist then because students will be scrambling to sublease their houses for the summer so they don't have to pay the rent.

The beach is hit or miss in the summer. It could be perfect and sunny or dense fog. I can tell you today it was about 75 and sunny though:)

There's a good local DH riding community here too. Definitely bring your dh bike.