Quantcast

Best Places to Live

a.d.85

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
SLC
I am getting ready to finish up junior year of college which means only one more year until the "real world" so to speak. I currently attend Indiana University in Bloomington majoring in Graphic Design, but i would really like to relocate out west after graduation. I love Bloomington as far as the atmosphere and way of life here, it's a very diverse community with a small town feel, yet has something for everyone. However the mountains are really where i want to be as my true passion is skiing and i have just begun mountain biking which i also really enjoy.

Basically does anyone have any suggestions of some fun places to live out west, similar to Bloomington, where i could get a good job (with a degree in Graphic Design) and be able to pursue my love of the mountains. Also, it would be an added bonus to be within a short distance of a major airport as all of my family lives here in Indiana.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
My advice is to not worry where you want to live, just yet.
Find a job and company that will nurture your talent so you can refine your skills. Once you are accomplished with a proven track record you can command more salary and have doors open that are right now closed...

just my 2 cents

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MunkeeHucker said:
My advice is to not worry where you want to live, just yet.
Find a job and company that will nurture your talent so you can refine your skills. Once you are accomplished with a proven track record you can command more salary and have doors open that are right now closed...

just my 2 cents
werd!

Unless the graphic design industry is dramatically different than the IT industry, you're in no position to get picky about location. Do everything you can to get in with a company that will develop your skills and support you through the first year or so of growing pains. If you can find a company that is also recognizable on a resume, even better. Once you've got some experiences, then start looking to relocate.

You've got a lot of life ahead of you. Don't screw yourself this soon by taking a bad job in a good locale.

Keep in mind... just because you're not in the Rockies doesn't mean you can't enjoy other mountains.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:stupid:

As long as your mobile, your good to go. There are many great places to live based on areas that support your line of future work.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I disagree with most of the advice so far.

Go explore. Find a place you like. Live there. Find a job, etc.

Live life.

If you're more interested in a career than f***ing around in the mountains, please disregard my advice. :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
I disagree with most of the advice so far.

Go explore. Find a place you like. Live there. Find a job, etc.

Live life.

If you're more interested in a career than f***ing around in the mountains, please disregard my advice. :D

Speaking of which, my little bro is prolly moving to Denver, so I'll be stumbling into town within 6 months... What's your address?

:wonky2:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:

Speaking of which, my little bro is prolly moving to Denver, so I'll be stumbling into town within 6 months... What's your address?

:wonky2:
12099 West Fairfield Drive
Aurora, CO 81227

Seriously, though - drop me a PM when you're thinking about heading up and we'll try to get a mini-:monkey: gathering together.

When you say "little" bro - you mean younger? What - is he like 48 or something? :evil:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
Seriously, though - drop me a PM when you're thinking about heading up and we'll try to get a mini-:monkey: gathering together.
:thumb: I'm curious to witness that circus act of a bike of yours...

SkaredShtles said:
When you say "little" bro - you mean younger? What - is he like 48 or something? :evil:
A toddler at 33.