Quantcast

Best Rear-Shock For Cowan DS

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Im currently riding a Cowan DS w/ Progressive 5th Element and I want to upgrade the rear shock.

I cant decide if i should stay coil, or go air.So your opinion's welcome and encouraged!

Currently under consideration is DHXair/5.0 , Rp32, new Rock Shox.

Bike is used for southeast DH/DS/and general trail riding, and will go to Snowshoe. Lyrik 2-step on the front.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Im currently riding a Cowan DS w/ Progressive 5th Element and I want to upgrade the rear shock.

I cant decide if i should stay coil, or go air.So your opinion's welcome and encouraged!

Currently under consideration is DHXair/5.0 , Rp32, new Rock Shox.

Bike is used for southeast DH/DS/and general trail riding, and will go to Snowshoe. Lyrik 2-step on the front.
Zack, I have a 07 DHX Air 5.0 for sell. E to E is 8.5" with a 2.5" stroke. Would that work for you? It would be much better than what you are running.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
cecil,

I need a 7.875 e to e 2'' stroke at the longest. thinking of going lower e to e and slack out the bike a little.

Anyone had experince with the new rock shox air shocks. Or something other than a DHX air.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
get an rp3. you realize that bike is made for dj'n and slopestyle right? the suspension action is kinda crap so no need to put on a super fancy or nice shock. fun bike tho for sure

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
thanks for all the opinons guys. Pretty much decide im goin air. Now I need to dcide b/t the DHX, the new Roco TST R, and the new RS shocks. Any one know about the quaility of the new RS air shocks Monarch and Ario.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
have you ever been thinking about the DT swiss air shocks,those are pretty ligth and good to.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
get an rp3. you realize that bike is made for dj'n and slopestyle right? the suspension action is kinda crap so no need to put on a super fancy or nice shock. fun bike tho for sure
it says it all in that post. don't get a coil, no really made for bobbing around especially this bike is more slopestyle/dirt jumping, not at all for trail riding.

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
whatever happened to hardtail pride?
I have the cowan because one usually needs atleast a little cushion when racing, but mostly becuase I run its SS and therefore maitenance free and bomb proof. Im just trying to get the best out of my frame. Thanks for all the help guys!