Quantcast

Best shock pump ever, 2-stage disconnnect head

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
No spam, just putting out the word about a great shock pump.

I bought a Performance Hurricane years ago that has a knob on the air chuck, which backs off the plunger prior to disconnecting the pump from the shock. This feature absolutely prevents air from leaking out of the shock when disconnecting the pump, and it works freaking great. But they discontinued the shock, even though everyone that sees my old Performance pump wants one.

Good news; I just noticed the same pump under the Sette brand at Pricepoint. And it's even on sale for $20:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16246-318_SET357-2-Accessories-37-Pumps/Sette-Air-2-ST-35-Universal-Shock-Pump.htm

Sette Air 2 ST-35 Universal Shock Pump

Accurate Inflation Designed for Today’s Top-Line Air Suspension Components.

The Sette Shock Pump is a high pressure, low volume pump that is perfect for adjusting air pressure in suspension components. This pump is capable of reaching pressure as high as 400PSI/30BAR, it features a durable aluminum construction and easy to read analog gauge with bleed valve, to insure you get correct readings every time. One feature that this pump has that others lack is the 2-Stage Non Leakage Valve Release System, this valve allows the user to engage and disengage the pump with out air leakage. Brass fittings and a stainless steel braided supply hose make this one of the nicest pumps out there.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I was riding a Swinger when I bought the pump, so I know what you mean...before this pump I even removed the valve core from the Swinger and filed it down so the valve would close sooner when disconnecting.

SKYWAYBUZZ

Monkey
Mar 16, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA.
Ya everybody needs one of those shock pumps. When Performance discontinued them I scored two spares here and there. One stays in the car one on the coffee table and still have a extra. I couldn't believe they stopped making them. Great to see someone saw a market.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Do the manitou shock pumps suck balls or something?

Neither my Fox nor my RS shockpump bleed any air from the shock when disconnecting - the small amount of air leakage is just from the hose on the pump. There's no way around leaking air when connecting the pump as the shock air has to fill the hose.

Consider how much you have to thread the pump on before you show pressure in the pump (almost all the way)...then consider taking the pump off (mine anyways) and it doesnt leak air from the hose until the last 2 threads. Just sayin...