Votes: 196 24.8%
  • Other

Votes: 81 10.3%

• Total voters

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
never ridden any of these accept the psylo. didn't like it very much. very plush, kind of heavy, not very responsive, and on anything more than, like, tiny dirt jumps, it felt flexy. i have heard really, really awesome things about the Fox Vanilla, so that's what i voted for.

darkstar

Chimp
Jun 30, 2004
the O.C.
my votes for the z1 because i have an '04 z1 qr20 on the way

have ridden an '03 psylo xc for the past six months and have found it to track poorly even though i upgraded to the firm springs...it is not stiff enough to handle the smallest of drops either...it is light though and the u-turn is great for climbs

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Uhhh... am I hearing you guys right... vanilla.. stiff? I dont think so (nothing with a qr is stiff, although the sherman version isn't too bad). I have a vanilla 125rlc, Z1QR20, and Manitou black at the moment. The black is crap, but its light so its on my singlespeed. The vanilla feels like a noodle (plush, noodlely, and too linear). The Z1 is ok since it has a 20mm axle but still flexy with 30mm stantions (02). Ive had a Rockshock psilly, which was the weakest of all and lasted less than a month. I vote for the sherman, named after a tank, and stiffer than hell with smooth progressive action. Anyone want to trade me their sherman?? The vanilla is a pound lighter.

darkstar

Chimp
Jun 30, 2004
the O.C.
Z1 without a doubt...tracks well, sucks up the smaller stuff and can handle 5-6 footers very well

i also have a psylo which i think is best for xc trails and not a very good all around fork

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
Z1 Wedge!, For $250 CDN it couldn't be beat, though it only lasted a year before becoming so flexy I had to let it go.

i know there ain't many people out there who are rockshox fans but i just got a pike and it is a very very sick fork, i would take that or a 03 dj 1 which is on my dj bike any day.
sorry but i don't have any love for shermans, i love dorados but the shermans always feel i little too soft.

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
I just got a Fox 36 & set at 4 inches on my Balfa Minute Man. The fork is incredible. Super stiff and plush. The things better than any other single crown I have ever used.

kenwood_

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
i say a monster t with the stanchions pushed down into just the lower crowns.... not... any fox fork is flippin amazing, and mostly bombproof.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Cowan was backflipping 50ft doubles on a Psylo SL which I think most people would agree is the weakest fork of the lot. So everyone should quit whinging about their forks being flexy or **** and just get out and ride. "Oh my fork is too (insert excuse)" STFU.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Changleen said:
Cowan was backflipping 50ft doubles on a Psylo SL which I think most people would agree is the weakest fork of the lot.
thats only because he has a sponsor, psylos suck for anything but XC. Not necessarily cause they are flexy it is because they just don't hold up.

I agree on Marzocchi as long as they are not the lower end models because in my experience the bushings tend to wear out fast (not including djIII's).

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
if your doing 4x or dual racing go with a psylo (greg minnar just ran one at angel fire wc) or the fox. both great race forkes along with the pike. i had a z1 and it was a pice. it craped out on me. my pslylo never did that it was very dependable. the z1 is more of a free ride hucker fork in my opinion. its not that bad for freeriding and such but its not the best race fork.