Votes: 196 24.8%
  • Other

Votes: 81 10.3%

• Total voters

dirtbkr100

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
HANDS DOWN......Manitout Sherman Flick is the best 4-5" single crown fork i have ever used. Before i bought it, i had felt some of the Fox forks and thought they were amazing......but then i felt this. This fork has the same smoothness of travel while having even more travel than most of the Fox forks. Plus.....this fork comes in a 20mm version for those of us who need it. If you can buy this fork....you will not be disappointed. Goof luck!

Sep 5, 2005
Sunapee, NH
i hated my psylo xc. everything went wrong w/ it. rebound blew, leaked oil, just wasn't a good fork. out of all the choices there i would have to go with the z1 but voted other.

Jan 13, 2005
The best single crown I owned was a Z1FR, smooth and resposive on the corners and never bottomed no matter how hard I screwed up the landing.

But I ride a shiver SC now, once a while I still miss the Z1.

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
i am riding a pyslo sl right now on my dj bike and i love this thing. it is so light and adjustable. i have not riden the z1 so i cant say anything about it but would have to say rock shox was on the right path with the pure damping. the only thing i dont like is how flexy the pyslo is with its 30mm stanctions. that is the only gripe i have about the fork

J

JRB

I got a Z1 from Westy, and it kicks ass.

*I may put a boxxer or a Jr T on, but those aren't singles, as you know.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
springfield1911 said:
Z1, no other choice.
The Z.1's are the most tried and true for sure. They ride fantastically and they can take one hell of a beating. Definitely the most reliable and servicable of the choices.

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
All mountain SL 130-150. Surprisingly light. Surprisingly plush for an air fork, and has lockout if you're into the XC pedaling efficiency thing.

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
this? i have it.. it is nice. = )

i dunno i am keeping it or not. but it jsut feels nice.. so now im choosing gold label or this. give me some comment.

Apr 7, 2006
Alberta!
my opinion the best single crown fork out there is the Marzocchi 66rc it was made and designed in Whistler Bc, the only down side to the fork is the price its reg $1299

TamaSKA

Chimp
Sep 26, 2003
London, UK
I had 4 Z1-s, a classic orange from `97, a Z1 MCR from 2001, a Z1 Drop Off QR20 and a Z1 wedge from 2002 [the last 3 had a creaking noise from the stanchion-crown area] apart from that, I really loved them, even the not so brilliant wedge. I think Im gonna go for one of the new ones at some point.