Quantcast

Best SLO trails?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'm traveling to SLO next week for 3 days. Does anybody have any suggestions for good XC/FR trails? Better yet, do any locals have time to show some good stuff?

Thanks.

LA!

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
california, maryland
try Cuesta Ridge, above Cal Poly college- some pretty rocky stuff up there
also, a little more mellow and scenic would be Montana De Oro state park in Los Osos

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Not to get too off topic, but how do you ride Morning Glory all the way back into town without ending up in the Men's Colony? Not too pleasant...

Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
Hey All,just moved from SLO to Los Osos and everything i hear seems to be that there's not much FR/DH in montana de oro, or am i not asking the right people? I have ridden morning glory, but i mostly just ride maddonna/ rockgarden. what am i missing? I am HAPPY to dig btw......

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Hey All,just moved from SLO to Los Osos and everything i hear seems to be that there's not much FR/DH in montana de oro, or am i not asking the right people? I have ridden morning glory, but i mostly just ride maddonna/ rockgarden. what am i missing? I am HAPPY to dig btw......
There is definitely more gnarly stuff on the grade, and closer to slo, but the los osos area has some gems. Check out Black Hill in Morro, the Cabrillo Peak trail (the one that goes to to tip top of the mountain, not the lame xc runs), ping-pong drops right into los osos and is a good quick run, and there is a certain tall mountain in mdo that a little mouse told me had an awesome but maybe not so legal trail going down it.

Other than that, stop riding morning glory and madonna, you are missing ALL of the good stuff. They are OK trails, but there are scads of better trails up on the grade and elsewhere, you just have to ask the right people or just explore on your own, they arent hidden.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Anyone in SLO interested in doing some shuttles tomorrow (sunday)?

I can fit 6 people/bikes in my truck if someone can give me a ride back up to the top to get my car. I dont care what trail we ride, I am just sick and tired of hiking Rock Garden.

Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
i got a good slam in montana de oro recently and am still out from that but I will be down sometime in the near future if your up for it. i have a t-100 w/ 2a open seats .... and am very friendly if ya dont mind the smell of tree's.....